Author Topic: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model  (Read 16238 times)

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
Re: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2024, 10:08:37 AM »
I use B setting all the time except when going down a long hill and the engine starts over revving then I put it into D.
I don't like ACC so I don't use D then, anyway I don't generally drive on roads that ACC would be useful on.

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2024, 10:46:59 AM »
non linguists beware being brief and practical

aphybrid…….thems greenfly init?

Start the day with a smile eh?

But back to the driving question. B for town and D for motorways and A roads.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2024, 10:56:18 AM »
I find ACC very useful in certain situations.
For example, a local village to me is Henley-in-Arden, which is now subject to a 20 Mph limit throughout.

I guess like most drivers, I find it very easy to exceed that limit, so a quick flick on the button prevents me 'speeding' , probably much to the annoyance of some following drivers! (yes, it operates at 20 Mph, no problem)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2024, 11:32:19 AM »
non linguists beware being brief and practical

aphybrid…….thems greenfly init?

Y'know, this reminds me of a T-shirt slogan:
"I like cooking my family and my pets
(Don't be a psycho, use punctuation!)"

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2024, 12:23:58 PM »

Y'know, this reminds me of a T-shirt slogan:
"I like cooking my family and my pets
(Don't be a psycho, use punctuation!)"
Whats wrong with that ? Granny was a bit stringy but the tortoise was delicious.  :-X
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 12:56:00 PM »

If you find throttle response too aggressive  you can suppress it a bit by using Econ mode.

Are you sure its not ACC , Adaptive cruise control ,that you dislike?    This can cause the car to reduce speed or speed up  when you might not expect  it. As you become more familiar with it you adjust to the need to supervise it and take over manual control of your speed at times.     You can still use D mode with ACC off.
[/quote]

I drive in eco 99% of the time and yes it’s adaptive cc that I don’t like, my previous car a 2023 Hyundai Tucson had very progressive acceleration using cruise control, the jazz seems to like to get back up to speed quickly but then it is of course like comparing apples to oranges.
 :D

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 02:49:51 PM »

I drive in eco 99% of the time and yes it’s adaptive cc that I don’t like, my previous car a 2023 Hyundai Tucson had very progressive acceleration using cruise control, the jazz seems to like to get back up to speed quickly but then it is of course like comparing apples to oranges.
 :D
I agree there is room here for improvement  .   Its one of the situations where I sometimes 'take control'  by using  the throttle manually to raise the speed  more gradually until nearing the target speed. More fuel efficient and quieter.  Why cant you adjust this as a preference in  settings? 

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2024, 05:05:57 PM »
I mostly use D except going down hill.

Plasma

IceJazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz Advance
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2024, 09:12:32 AM »
Regarding fuel consumption, is B mode the better choice in town instead the D? Did you find some significant difference?

Inviato dal mio M2007J3SG utilizzando Tapatalk

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2024, 09:50:22 AM »
Regarding fuel consumption, is B mode the better choice in town instead the D? Did you find some significant difference?

I would say Yes, there is a significant difference, simply because most of your braking will be by regeneration, making more battery power available for use and therefore making less use of the Engine.
The attached photo show my consumption since the car was new (5k+ miles at 67mpg) you can subtract 1 or 2 miles for the real world, but I’m quite happy with that.

IceJazz

• Registered Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2024, 10:04:23 AM »

I would say Yes, there is a significant difference, simply because most of your braking will be by regeneration, making more battery power available for use and therefore making less use of the Engine.
The attached photo show my consumption since the car was new (5k+ miles at 67mpg) you can subtract 1 or 2 miles for the real world, but I’m quite happy with that.
Great result! My average for every refuel is 54mpg, I reset my A counter every fuel refill and I basically drive most in D in town switching in B only when driving on downhill roads. I'm going to test after a full refill driving in B in town and let's see what happens

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2024, 11:13:34 AM »
I'm going to test after a full refill driving in B in town and let's see what happens

Thats  the best idea.  If you get results  can you update the post? 

I would argue that driving gently in town in D mode , coming off the throttle sooner  when traffic ahead has stopped, and gliding gently to a stop with minimal need to brake  can be just as fuel efficient  as  B mode.   In B mode you tend to stay on the throttle until experience tells you  the regenerative braking will bring you to a stop in the remaining distance.   But will the gains from this  regenerative braking outweigh having possibly used the throttle a bit longer?   

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2024, 11:36:12 AM »
I also think D mode is more economic when you can anticipate very well. Regen will turn motion into current into a chemical change within the battery; this is around 90% efficient. The opposite also has a certain efficiency.

So: ‘real’ braking is most wasteful, regeneration is much less so and being able to drive without any braking is most efficient!

IceJazz

• Registered Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2024, 12:02:54 PM »
I'm going to test after a full refill driving in B in town and let's see what happens

Thats  the best idea.  If you get results  can you update the post? 

I would argue that driving gently in town in D mode , coming off the throttle sooner  when traffic ahead has stopped, and gliding gently to a stop with minimal need to brake  can be just as fuel efficient  as  B mode.   In B mode you tend to stay on the throttle until experience tells you  the regenerative braking will bring you to a stop in the remaining distance.   But will the gains from this  regenerative braking outweigh having possibly used the throttle a bit longer?   
Sure, I'm going to update this post driving for the most  in B mode.
My doubt is that when in B, the throttle would consume more fuel because the braking effect is still present during the drive and that's could be less efficient in term of economy. Let's see what happens

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2024, 12:49:19 PM »
Well the proof of the pudding etc.
Can anyone show an improvement in ‘D’ mode, averaging better than circa 67 mpg.
I’m not talking about a tankful, which in my opinion is neither here nor there.
What matters is average consumption over a long distance, say 5k+ miles
Yes, I can do worse or better, over a tankful, depending very much on the road conditions etc.

Tags: