Author Topic: Indicator stalk symbol visibility on 2023/4 Jazz hybrid  (Read 10272 times)

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
Re: Indicator stalk symbol visibility on 2023/4 Jazz hybrid
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 09:38:00 PM »
Manual is not very clear; it explains how to activate this function in great detail but says just pull the lever towards you to deactivate auto high beam - do I have to do this every time I start the car?
Thank you for the feedback - it looks like the auto high beam has kicked in in an unfortunate way.

If you wish you can disable it permanently in the "Vehicule Settings" -> "Lighting Setup" - "Auto High Beam"

(see the online manual pages 308 and 312)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 10:53:05 PM »
I set off just after sunrise as the light levels were increasing and, yes, it was raining. I can't remember when I noticed the full beam symbol but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I set off (ie the darkest point of my journey!)

From what you've described, this doesn't sound like the auto high beam. A more likely scenario is that you've accidentally moved the indicator stalk into the high-beam position (ie lifted it towards you,) without realising, which is easy to do when moving the stalk up and down to operate the indicators. Then when the wipers switch the lights on, which happens automatically, they've come on on full beam.

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 11:41:59 PM »
I set off just after sunrise as the light levels were increasing and, yes, it was raining. I can't remember when I noticed the full beam symbol but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I set off (ie the darkest point of my journey!)

From what you've described, this doesn't sound like the auto high beam. A more likely scenario is that you've accidentally moved the indicator stalk into the high-beam position (ie lifted it towards you,) without realising, which is easy to do when moving the stalk up and down to operate the indicators. Then when the wipers switch the lights on, which happens automatically, they've come on on full beam.

I agree with Colin, I've done it myself a couple of times but never had it happen during darkness, I always use auto lights and wipers as when it rains the headlights are switched on, auto wipers are ok but can get confused and operate at fast speed when you have intermittent set, no big deal as I switch between low and intermittent as required, enjoy your Jazz its a super car but does have its little quirks.
 :D :D

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2024, 09:16:04 AM »
The auto headlights sometimes come on  when I wouldnt have done so myself . I have heard anecdotes of a belligerent driver in front stopping and demanding to know  why you keep  'flashing your lights at him'  because they keep going on and off as you pass through  the shade of trees etc.

When I  first started using a light meter for photography   I was amazed  just how low the light can get  without you realising it. During daylight your brain tends to adapt to it.

I just keep an eye out for any warning lights  including main beam.  It might dazzle others in the daylight but not as bad as at night.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

IrisCx

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2024, 01:51:43 PM »
Thanks all - what a great forum this is!

Tags:

anything