Author Topic: Reversing camera for Honda SR Jazz  (Read 3992 times)

joefried

• Registered Member
Reversing camera for Honda SR Jazz
« on: June 08, 2021, 05:32:07 PM »
I wanted to ask those of you who have added the option of the Honda reversing camera to your Honda SR jazz, does it come with guidelines for parking?

I assumed it did -- I thought all reversing cameras did! - but a dealer just told me it didn't. 

Best,

Joe

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Reversing camera for Honda SR Jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 05:35:44 PM »
The guidelines option is only on the EX.

joefried

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »
Thanks for that!  I assumed they wouldn't have two different cameras...  Clearly wrongly!

joefried

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 10:11:17 PM »
While we're here, I've heard the ride on the EX is harsher than the Jazz's with smaller wheels (especially in places with crappy roads like London).  Do you have any opinion on this?

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 11:18:49 PM »
Thanks for that!  I assumed they wouldn't have two different cameras...  Clearly wrongly!
I think it's the same camera, just a software option for the overlay (linked to steering wheel angle) that's not enabled on the SR. Manufacturers are "nice" like that.

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 11:20:26 PM »
While we're here, I've heard the ride on the EX is harsher than the Jazz's with smaller wheels (especially in places with crappy roads like London).  Do you have any opinion on this?
As I've come from driving a Mk2 EX with the same wheel size, I haven't noticed much difference in the ride in my Mk4 EX.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 04:53:18 AM »
The phenomenon of smaller wheels, therefore larger wall tyres, giving a softer ride has been a known issue for years.

When I bought my 2009 Civic I was very near a deal where another purchaser wanted EX 17" wheels on a lesser model and I was willing to allow the dealer to do a straight swap but the deal fell through at the last minute.

It's a shame you can't opt for similar for a slightly softer ride.
Let's be careful out there !

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 08:27:43 AM »
The bigger the wheel, less tyre side wall, the worse the ride. Other than aesthetics, bigger wheels serve no purpose and only worsen the ride!

The only wheel trouble I've ever had in 30+yrs, was on our Octavia VRS. 225/45-18 wheels and our terrible roads let to destroyed tyre and bent wheel courtesy of a pothole. In fairness the council paid out pronto, but sooner not had the problem.

Whereas, the Octavia I ran for 12yrs that had 195/65-15 steel wheels, was able to survive trouble free for 130k miles.  :D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:23:38 AM by Westy36 »

joefried

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »
"I think it's the same camera, just a software option for the overlay (linked to steering wheel angle) that's not enabled on the SR. Manufacturers are "nice" like that."

That's really crappy.  You're already paying over the odds for the Honda reversing camera rather than a third party one!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 09:42:36 AM »
The bigger the wheel, less tyre side wall, the worse the ride. Other than aesthetics, bigger wheels serve no purpose and only worsen the ride!

The only wheel trouble I've ever had in 30+yrs, was on our Octavia VRS. 225/45-18 wheels and our terrible roads let to distroyed tyre and bent wheel courtesy of a pothole. In fairness the council paid out pronto, but sooner not had the problem.

Whereas, the Octavia I ran for 12yrs that had 195/65-15 steel wheels, was able to survive trouble free for 130k miles.  :D

Agree, low profile tyres are harder on the suspension and both tyre and rim more prone to pothole damage,  not to mention tyres a lot more expensive. Best thing I did for wifes Jazz Si was fit 15" rims to replace 16".  Wider tyres generally more noisy as well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 09:55:29 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 11:40:48 AM »
Agree, low profile tyres are harder on the suspension and both tyre and rim more prone to pothole damage,  not to mention tyres a lot more expensive. Best thing I did for wifes Jazz Si was fit 15" rims to replace 16".  Wider tyres generally more noisy as well.
Oh yeah, more noise. Which given that Honda was not too generous with the soundproofing, I would say is best avoided.

Another factor is economy. OK, 175 to 185 on a Jazz probably won't affect the MPG over a lifetime by much. However, the number of motors you see on 245+ 18"+ wheels. The drag from those tyres must be huge. The wieght of the tyre alone would be substantial. I remember handling a tyre on the VRS, and I was surprised by just how heavy that was, and by todays standards, they are hardly massive.

I've noticed very heavy SUV EV's being sold as 'holier than thou' eco wise, yet they're kitted out with daft big wheels. Conterproductive from the eco perspective, but then again no doubt helps sell them to the image concious folk.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 01:47:06 PM »

I've noticed very heavy SUV EV's being sold as 'holier than thou' eco wise, yet they're kitted out with daft big wheels. Conterproductive from the eco perspective, but then again no doubt helps sell them to the image concious folk.

Have you checked the weight of an EV compared to ICE equivalent ?  A Tesla battery alone weighs over half a ton,  the battery in a Tesla truck weighs in at 12 tonnes ( a large diesel engine weighs about 1.3 tonnes) - the battery does not get lighter as the energy is used but the fuel tank of an ICE does.... The range of the diesel truck is about 2000 miles, the range of a Tesla truck 'claimed' at 400miles+. 

The BEV need bigger wider wheels because they are heavy... and damage the roads more.

https://www.easyelectriccars.com/how-much-do-electric-cars-weigh-with-10-examples/
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 02:44:57 PM »
That must mean there are a lot of bridges a EV truck can't cross.

That'll cause future problems they haven't considered.
Let's be careful out there !

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 04:11:10 PM »
I think we've wandered quite a way from reversing cameras.
But......
I don't think that battery efficiency is sufficient yet to power HGVs over long distances.
In the meantime hydrogen fuel cells provide an alternative to diesel until battery development catches up.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=electric+trucks&docid=608032266731210677&mid=D94573463F6A30B627A3D94573463F6A30B627A3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2021, 03:36:49 PM »

Best thing I did for wifes Jazz Si was fit 15" rims to replace 16".  Wider tyres generally more noisy as well.
So when I need to replace tyres I could also put 15" rims on my EX instead of the 16" - just wonder how much that would cost?!

Tags:

anything