Author Topic: Thank you and goodnight  (Read 1747 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Thank you and goodnight
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 09:07:15 PM »
Let's hope the new wheels don't disappoint in terms of reliability. Your Honda Jazzes have set a fairly high standard.
Very true. As soon as there is an issue I will be ranting “Honda would have got this sorted”.
I have already been on to VW Customer Services kicking their butts so they know of me 😆

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 09:14:31 PM »
Fill your empty days with beekeeping.
It is fun and profitable. 8)
Hmm not sure about beekeeping, but I will enjoy the amber nectar 🍺
Cheers 🍻

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2021, 03:49:38 PM »
A friend with a (very) senior position in the car industry ordered an investigation into new car warranty claims. His advice to me,  Honda and Toyota do not make unreliable cars. As for VW, .....
Admittedly it was a long time ago now, but when I was employed by a mainstream manufacturer I was quite involved with reliability analysis (hence I own Toyota/Honda/Suzuki). At that time a report by a major US analysts showed that new VAG cars had the same reliability index as 5yr old Toyotas. Mind you, that was before the Toyota/Lexus throttle pedal business and the VAG dieselgate, possibly even the Firestone/Ford "tire" episode, so time moves on and stuff still happens.

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2021, 09:24:58 PM »
Ozzie, hope you enjoy your retirement and your new wheels, and get plenty of suitable weather to have the top down.
Good looking car you have there, have to say I have not seen a convertible version yet, quit a  rare car.
Which power plant / drive train did you go for?
This is not the ideal site to extol the virtues of The VW brand, but just to give a positive view, I was in the plumbing /heating game, and ran their commercial vehicles for 35 years, with very good reliability.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 10:10:06 PM »
It’s a 1.5 petrol engine, 7 speed dsg automatic gearbox, 150 bhp
It’s a bit complex with various driving modes and if you touch the wrong button on the steering wheel the dashboard image changes, as it’s all digital images, but I will get used to it.
It’s on 19” wheels so the ride is firm but I am taking it easy at the moment but it has a sporty feel and decent acceleration but I bought it for the roofless driving experience not for speed.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 05:22:25 AM »
It’s a 1.5 petrol engine, 7 speed dsg automatic gearbox, 150 bhp
It’s a bit complex with various driving modes and if you touch the wrong button on the steering wheel the dashboard image changes, as it’s all digital images, but I will get used to it.
It’s on 19” wheels so the ride is firm but I am taking it easy at the moment but it has a sporty feel and decent acceleration but I bought it for the roofless driving experience not for speed.
I hope you have received one of the better 1.5 engines.  If you have a 1.5  which develops the "kangaroo" 1st gear takeoff  issue, then reject the car. VW are stumped,  their software updates to address the kangaroo problem do not seem to work.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 01:55:48 PM »
Oh great !
So far so good, so fingers crossed!

Tags: