Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Secondhand MK4
« Last post by edam on Today at 12:20:12 PM »
I am thinking about buying a secondhand MK4 as they are starting to appear. Has there been any problems with the first ones to come out?
I've heard of claim problems with Admiral, Churchill, Hastings and a lot of unknown comparison site companies. As you say it's claim time and subsequent loading when you find out.

The Which? review did take into account owners.

When I think back, I've been paying car insurance since 1970 and never claimed. And yet Direct Line tried to increase my premium by over 30% last year and got upset when I left. When I phoned to cancel they said I should have phoned. I replied that if they would have reduced the premium then why inflate the price in the first place.

They've been reducing my premium via a phone call for nearly 10 years and this year 30% was a red line.

Same thing with house and contents. DL almost doubled it from 400 to 800 about a decade ago and my broker friend tailored a policy for 250 that didn't include free cover for things like bicycles and jewellery that I don't have and presumably inflated DL's price.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Seen today
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 11:46:44 AM »
I had 3 Citroen Xantias and the suspension was amazing.

Then they replaced them with the C5 and they tried to replicate it with electronic suspension - and failed. It was rock hard. My dealer replaced the rear spheres with ones from the estate version and that helped.
As with all insurance, I hope I don't need to find out how good they are to actually deal with on a claim. So far so good.
That is the problem though. All the reviews in the world won't tell you how happy you will be if you need to actualy claim on the cover. Some insurers are real stinkers though, but the internet is awash with just negative.

My Pug 308 was written off by hitting a deer on 1/1/2020. The Co-op (CIS) were the insurers, and I have to say I was extremely impressed with them. The speed of dealing with the claim was great. The total loss value was bang on the market rate, no low ball offers and trying to negotiate up.

Our Jazz is with Admiral. Touch wood, we've not needed to find out how good they are, but if they deal with things as easily as the CIS I will be happy.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Before and after
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 10:57:15 AM »
Looking good! I bet that feels very different.  :D

When my lad got his haircut after 9 months, he was complaining of the cold for few days!

« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 10:54:19 AM »
I always had a soft spot for the Citroen Traction Avant. Considering it dated back to the mid 1930s it was incredibly advanced. Unitary welded body/chassis, rack and pinion steering, and of course front wheel drive. Brilliant and stylish............. and made in Slough!!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_Traction_Avant#:~:text=The%20Citro%C3%ABn%20Traction%20Avant%20(French,Citro%C3%ABn%20from%201934%20to%201957.&text=Additionally%2C%20the%20car%20was%20also,of%20rack%20and%20pinion%20steering.
Stunning cars, they were so advanced for their time. I would love to have a drive in one. Interestingly, they were transport of choice for the Gestapo.
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 10:49:31 AM »
Possibly restored,  old 2CVs for restoration   sell for considerable sums of money
Remarkable cars, those who mock the 2CV do not appreciate the advanced thinking   by the engineers who designed the 2CV during the late 1930s,  not many mock a Citroen DS, but the 2CV is also a marvel in engineering terms
Youtube:  search term   "the tin snail Equinox" for a  documentary
Brilliant cars. I've had two Dyane's and a 2CV. Covered circa 40k miles in them combined. They never let me down, and always returned great MPG. Ride comfort that car designers today have forgotten all about. Lean angles for the brave, but those little 125 tyres do hang on!

The prototypes were hidden during the occupation in the 40's, to stop them falling into the wrong hands. Yeah, I'm a fan.

I went the UK Citroen Centenary nr Coventry in 2019. What a day that was. All Citroens were there. My photo's do not do justice to the day, but a couple of my personal favourites.

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Budget tyre suggestions please
« Last post by embee on Today at 10:43:36 AM »
Car manufacturers (assemblers?) often don't put all their eggs in one basket so split suppliers between models. If you get a hold up in parts supply it doesn't necessarily bring the line to a halt if you have Just-in-time build (parts arrive for the cars as you build them, no significant stock held). They can switch build schedules.
I was never involved with chassis stuff at car manufacturers, but I know different markets had different tyres even for the same model/spec.
« Last post by embee on Today at 10:21:38 AM »
I always had a soft spot for the Citroen Traction Avant. Considering it dated back to the mid 1930s it was incredibly advanced. Unitary welded body/chassis, rack and pinion steering, and of course front wheel drive. Brilliant and stylish............. and made in Slough!!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_Traction_Avant#:~:text=The%20Citro%C3%ABn%20Traction%20Avant%20(French,Citro%C3%ABn%20from%201934%20to%201957.&text=Additionally%2C%20the%20car%20was%20also,of%20rack%20and%20pinion%20steering.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Budget tyre suggestions please
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:20:02 AM »
I think Culzean is spot on over the mileage/grip trade off. My annual mileage is so small that even the Dunlop SP2030s made of playdough are going to last me 4 years on the front.

One thing that's always interested me is this - how do car manufacturers allocate tyre brands? If you bought a new Mk3 in SE trim you would get Michelin Energy Savers. The EX comes with Dunlop SP2030s. The only theory I've come up with is that the SE has 15 inch wheels so the hardness of the Michelins have less of an effect on ride comfort. The EX has 16 inch wheels so a softer tyre is installed to mitigate the effect larger wheels can have on ride comfort.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything