Author Topic: Auto Express Group Test - Honda Jazz vs Skoda Fabia vs Nissan Note  (Read 11767 times)

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Auto Express Group Test - Honda Jazz vs Skoda Fabia vs Nissan Note
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »
Honda Jazz "expensive running costs" I wonder what they mean by that?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
same story as before VAG group wins, Japanese cars lose.
and did they even look at the cars? Fabia looking better than Note and Jazz? they should have gone to specsavers.

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »
VW group's days are numbered and have been for a while. That's why they are desperately paying all the big magazines to vote for their cars. The ADAC (German breakdown service) almost went bankrupt after being caught out rigging the popularity statistics massively for the Golf. Now with the emissions scandal it's proof that at the top level they will stop at nothing to improve sales figures.
I would never choose a car based on ridiculous reviews like this one and always favour owners' reviews but take everything with a pinch of salt.

guest1513

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:45:31 AM »
The Skoda is not attractive to everyone, yet the reviewer seems so certain that it is a looker:) As for after-sales, Skoda are not paragons. I know full well having a Yeti which has required more attention than I tolerate! I'd agree it seems to be biased. Not a surprise knowing AutoExpress form.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
My own view is that the motoring press is almost useless as a guide to what car is worth having. The reviewers have in built prejudices. It would be a bit like having a Man City fan reporting on Man United.

I prefer stats from organisations like Which, JD Power and Warranty Direct. For example, Which report that the Jazz is the most "loved" car by its readers.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »
Everyone has built in preferences and prejudices about everything in life and car reviewers are no better than anyone else in that respect,  what they actually write can also be influenced by what 'incentives' they are offered by manufacturers (brown envelope anyone). 

The Skoda is definitely not manufactures in UK,  and VW group does not have a plant here making any vehicles as far as I know,  at least Honda and Nissan put money and jobs back into our economy by making vehicles in UK.

I don't think Jazz has 'high running costs' - certainly not of the garage repair bill variety anyway,  reliability is generally bulletproof which is beyond price really for the knowledge that you can trust your car to start when you need it to, take you wherever you want to go,  and then get you back home without drama.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
Of the three, only the Jazz has proper fold flat rear seats. The other two make a poor passing attempt at half folding which, to me, is close to useless and a fail.

Tags: