Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by AshimotoK0 on Today at 10:45:53 PM »
So it would seem that the problem is the pressure sensor within the module failing due to contaminant oil (during manufacture) weeping inside and causing corrosion. I bet further down the line that some entrepreneurial company will come up with a repair for these modules that fail. 
« Last post by Cobb2 on Today at 10:24:59 PM »
i
« Last post by Cobb2 on Today at 10:03:45 PM »
Thank you AshimotoKO for producing even clearer evidence of a manufacturing fault in the brake simulator. This certainly should be very valuable.
Like peteo48 I have been very enthusiastic about Honda over many years and I fully understand your feelings to not carry on with your Jazz. However, I will not jump ship just yet as long as Honda sort this out properly and promptly, which means making it public in the UK and Europe, covering owners costs, and of course replacing the part with a remanufactured one without the fault.
As most of us realise this Mk4 is actually a very good car and it would be a great pity if its and Honda’s reputation is badly damaged by this episode, serious as it is.  Even worse if any accident is caused by it. The only positive thing I can say is the two times the brake problem arose with me it was just when starting the car and effectively a fail safe warning came up and the brakes were spongy and hand brake came on. If this problem occurs when driving it is even more dangerous – I would be interested to know if anybody has had it while actually driving.
Honda HR-V 2021- / Re: Jazz to HR-V - 1st 5ish Months
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 09:15:38 PM »
My HR-V Elegance doesn't have all the toys of the higher models but the only one I miss is the mirrors auto-folding when the vehicle is locked. I agree with most of the above comments. The need to unlock the fuel filler cap using a lever in the car is a step backwards in convenience from the Jazz.

After driving the Jazz with its digital speedometer I never look at the analogue speedo on the HR-Vs dashboard (there's also a small digital speedo in the centre of the display). So that analogue speedo is a big waste of space.

However, I turned off the brake hold as I found it made the vehicle less able to make smooth starts.

I once tried driving in D mode with using the paddles to control the level of regenerative braking and quickly decided that the paddles were a gimmick as the system didn't remember the paddle setting. Since then I've always used B with its consistent level of braking.

The HR-V is between 10 and 15% thirstier than the Jazz. It's a bigger and heavier vehicle and that big radiator grille can't help with the aerodynamic drag. It's a detail where the stylists clearly took priority over the engineers.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Farewell to the Jazz, hello to the HR-V
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 08:56:32 PM »
One thing that worries me about the HR-V is that in 2022 models the 12V battery went flat if the car wasn't run for 3 or 4 days which would not suit me at all with the low mileage I do, does anyone know if this issue has been resolved for the later models?
That was a software bug which took Honda a little while to figure out and then an update was made available. Initially this was only for vehicles which had encountered the flat battery problem as there was the associated cost of paying the dealers to do the update. However, I understand that Honda subsequently told the dealers to update all potentially affected vehicles when they were in for service. Newer production will have had the updated software installed at the factory.
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 08:49:15 PM »
As Cobb2 implies this absolutely should be a recall and I guess the only reason it hasn't been is that it will be ruinously expensive for Honda as it's clearly not just the Jazz that's affected.
I suspect that the real cost of the problem part and the labour to replace it is much less than the cost that people have been quoted. I suspect that Honda are still trying to figure out the extent that the potential problem will become a real problem and also how much boost the production of the appropriate part. Just-in-time manufacturing isn't geared up for a sudden increase in demand for a part. Nonetheless, there appears to be tardiness in Honda Japan telling Honda Europe / UK to be prepared for this. Any problem is potentially reputation damaging, but this can be largely mitigated by promptly applying a fix with minimum inconvenience to owners.
« Last post by Marco1979 on Today at 06:56:39 PM »
AshimotoK0: that is a valuable piece of information! It says ‘production error’. So this is the evidence you need to get it fixed FOR FREE even after warranty expired!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing
« Last post by JJazz on Today at 06:41:39 PM »
Could be on its way out. A few of us here have had the passenger side mirror inner workings changed under warranty. It starts with a few squeaks/grinding noises, and eventually fails to open intermittently. Seems to be a faulty gear that eventually gives up the ghost.

It is the passenger side. Under warranty to November 2025 so will contact Honda Eastbourne next week.
« Last post by AshimotoK0 on Today at 05:38:50 PM »
Translation of Japan recall diagram/text.

I'm looking at replacing my Crosstar as it's out of warranty so I'm looking at the HR-V or e:NY1. The Jazz is the only model that doesn't have any discounts, a new HR-V can be obtained for the same price as a new Crosstar and the e:NY1 isn't far behind despite having a RRP of £44K. One thing that worries me about the HR-V is that in 2022 models the 12V battery went flat if the car wasn't run for 3 or 4 days which would not suit me at all with the low mileage I do, does anyone know if this issue has been resolved for the later models?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything