Author Topic: Jazz 2008 Rear window washer jet not working!!!  (Read 19132 times)

guest6092

Jazz 2008 Rear window washer jet not working!!!
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »
I really didn't check if it was working when I bought it, also didn't need to use/ noticed it for last few months. Recently turned on the washer jet for the rear window and it doesn't work.

Tried to open the nozzle and used a bike pump to push some air, but no luck.

Usually for the front jet, when turned on I can hear the pump sound. But when I turn on the rear on I don't hear any sound of any activity.

What could be wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Jazz 2008 Rear window washer jet not working!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
I believe the washer bottle in the front (under the offside headlight) has two pumps, one each for front and rear.

Possibilities: faulty pump, connector, switch, wiring, fuse if no sound. Blocked pipe if pump sounds.
Probably easiest to repair it by removing front offside wheel arch liner.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 10:20:34 PM »
Hi there, not sure if you said if it was for a mk1 or mk2.

However my, mk1 front washer packed up after not using the car a few months. Same thing, no noise.

Turned out to be the washer motor (probably original part), checked to see if it was the pump first by swapping the rubber tubing over to rear washer pump and this was working with water squirting out fine on the windscreen.

You can under a screw under the bottom front of the wheel arch and then undo one or two poppers, not sure how many, not all of the wheel arch has to be removed to get access to the washer area. Yes there is one reservoir to supply two pumps, see photo, Black is new front pump.

Got this front ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161778925204?ul_noapp=true.
Its cheap, but as its not a safety critical item if it fails buy another one. Got a quote from Honda Dealership, part retails at about £40.00.

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:39:53 AM »
Hi. Thanks both of you for your reply.
There's no sound of pump. So my first guess would be the pump for rear jet is faulty, since front ones working fine. 
I tried to open right  side of the front bumper. But after opening the screw from the back of the wheel, i can't find the other poppers. Diagrams from manual is also bit confusing for me. I didn't want to force open it, in case it cracks. Any suggestions please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathan

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:06:49 AM »
Hi there.

Firstly u need to remove to front wheel if not done already

There is one screw see photo with silver screw in middle of 1 photo.

Other photo is a plug which u need I pull under trim away from bodywork. Pull it well but not to harsh.

You can then get your hand under the car and access the motor.

The screw and plug at at the front of the wheel arch.
Any questions let me know.

Jonathan

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:09:38 AM by jonathan »

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 12:22:32 PM »
Just like jonathon says & to remove the poppers use a small screwdriver blade to lift out the centre then the main body will come out without force.  In the same location I had to replace the horn at 3 years old (didn't realise it wasn't working until preparing for first MOT) and took off the front valance which took longer and was more effort than needed, much better to reach in through the wheel arch if you can.
--
TG

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:01:04 PM »
Thanks. No I haven't opened the wheel, since I don't have tools to do that. What I have done is removed the screws that connects to the body under the bonnet. And removed the  screw from underneath of the front wheel.
From TG's pictures it looked that I could detach the bumper from the car, and pump is just under the headlight part!!! Or am I wrong?? Is removing wheel a must?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »
From TG's pictures it looked that I could detach the bumper from the car, and pump is just under the headlight part!!
Remove bumper = lots of fixings, plus those connecting it to the wheel arch liner & unwieldy
Arch liner = a couple of fixings & quicker
--
TG

jonathan

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »
Personally would not remove bumper. Could be headache putting back. When I removed those two screw I had to force the bottom section of the wheel arch a bit but I will pop back into place when u finish.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
look at posts for replacing headlamp bulbs on 2002 to 2008 Jazz - the fastenings you need to remove are exactly the same,  I did it many times - the sections of underguarding have tongues and slots which interlock as well as the pop-out fasteners and a couple of screws right at top of wheel-arch.

a couple of the pop-up fasteners (lift the centre with a small screwdriver and the rest will pull out) go through two thicknesses of plastic and are longer,  don't get them mixed up as the shorter ones won't work in two thickness.

it may just be a bad connection in electrical plug,  just unplug and plug in again and it may work,  sometimes the pump sticks and a good hard tap will free it a bit - a good reason for keeping decent additive in the washer fluid is that it can prevent pump sticking.

definitely remove the wheel - sooh much better access.

no need to remove front bumper - so much pain you don't want to go there

just a tip,  (it won't affect you at this time of year) - in the winter when plastic under-guarding gets cold it loses a lot of its flexibility and can crack if you bend it too much.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:19:35 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jonathan

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
Cheers on last post. That's correct

Don't be to gentle  arch lining pops out

Best to have the wheel if though. As if u take the take the wheel off u don't need to take to many poppers / screws from arch lining 

Good luck. J
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:52:31 PM by jonathan »

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 06:16:38 PM »
Thanks to all of you. I think I have enough information now to go ahead and do this. I will let you know How i get on.
Just wanted to share, found this video on YouTube Looks helpful too...

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 04:46:12 PM »
Thanks guys. I have managed to replace the washer motor this morning and the wiper is back to normal now. I didn't have to remove the wheel though. But definitely removing wheel would make it much easier to handle.
I had 2 different types of motor for front and rear. Rear motor is more expensive than the front one though. Paid £19.99 from ebay. 

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 06:31:05 PM »
My front washer stopped today, so that's a job for next weekend.  Until then a bottle and sponge will have to do.
--
TG

how2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4SE sport 2004
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 02:55:19 AM »
Hi guy I have the same problem. What do I do?

Front wipers work
Rear wiper work
Front wash for wipers work
Raer wash for wiper not work but I hear the motor sound.

Tags: