Author Topic: Is this the Next Generation Honda Jazz?  (Read 13782 times)

gorilla

Is this the Next Generation Honda Jazz?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
/\ fair point.

No manufacturer is immune to those first-year niggles.

2007-built Civics are a lot better made then the 2006 cars, for example.

Also, if you wait a year or so you will get more chance of a discount and quicker delivery. I was chatting with my local Honda dealer recently and he claims he can get a Jazz or FR-V within a couple of weeks (for most colours) - for the first year or two the wait was easily three months or so. New Civic waiting time has settled but it's still not a matter of weeks, and as for the Hybrid....well, don't hold your breath!

guest221

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Well, I'm not holding my breath over how the next Jazz will look like. But I reckon it will be a subtle evolution of the current car...a nip here, tuck there, etc.

guest221

guest238

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Found on 'net:

Normally, this should be the time where one would expect Japanese rumor-mags to start getting things right about the Fit (including the sketches).

That's why I asked a Japanese friend to do some "rumor-hunting" for me, and he actually got something from Mag-X that looks interesting. The latest Mag-X has some rumors about the Fit. There is much written, but apart from saying how successful was the past generation Fit (it has sold almost 1 million cars in Japan), the important points are the highlighted ones.

- It will be introduced in Japan in October 2007 (Honda's own material says "Autumn 07").

- Both the 1.3L and 1.5L VTEC engines. They don't say anything about the 1.5L (although it's been widely rumored to be some kind of R15), but they say the 1.3L would make 100Hp and have similar or better fuel economy than the current 1.3L i-DSi.

- The designer in charge is the same one that executed the acclaimed Euro Civic hatch (if it's the same person I met in Geneva05 his name is Mr Toshiyuki Okumoto, but it's not mentioned in the article), so expectations are very high.

- There is no significant changes in size, but it's a bit longer and wider: 3.900 x 1.690m (current model is 3.845 x 1.675m). Of course, it as been developed within the centre-tank platform.

- It will be offered with a "sky-roof" (this is already available in current EuroCivic).

Please note that this information is for Japanese Fit. It is highly likely that markets like Europe will have a very similar model (including the sky-roof), but as always, it won't be the case world-wide. I honestly don't think that either the 1.3L engine or the glass-roof will make it to the US, no matter when it arrives there and in what shape.

Bobby Cadewell

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
The designer in charge is the same one that executed the acclaimed Euro Civic hatch

Oh gosh, so the new Jazz will look like something out a Sc-Fi film circa 1980 with a silly glass-effect nose? I hope not.  ::)

But I DO like the idea of the sky-roof.  8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:32:03 PM by RichardA »

guest287

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Well,

This is my Second Year in South East Aisa and I have just really converted my thinking to a new idea of cool. I think the jazz and yaris are the hot poop little cars out here and while they cost the same as a low budget new house, they are still affordable in the same way as a 320d BMW would be in England right now.

Coming from a History of Aplina BMW 5 series, Audi TT and GS300 Lexus in the last 3 years in blighty, I'm chuffed to bits to be able to say I think the Current Jazz is just the mutz nutz and I couldn't give a hoot about next years model. It might not even make it to the Thai Market next year. Who knows...? Hard to see how they could make it smoother, quieter, more economical and less expensive...The only things that would make it better in my opinion.

Styling cues from the FRV and S2000 (re pointy nose) are a nice touch though.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
From Autoexpress

Arguably the biggest changes are under the bonnet, though. While the current Jazz has 1.2 or 1.4-litre petrol power, the newcomer will get a choice of 100bhp 1.3-litre or 120bhp 1.5-litre engines. The latter features Honda’s VTEC variable valve timing technology, and manual or CVT auto gearboxes are available with both. Early figures suggest the 1.3 could return 65mpg.

Prices have still to be confirmed. But as standard equipment is improved, a slight increase is likely, with entry-level cars starting at £10,000.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:32:33 PM by RichardA »

guest287

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
The 1.5 engine has been standard here since its inception. The Vtec puts out 110 currently in our market. Its a great lump.

Goffs Oak

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
So the 1.3/1.4 is no longer a DSi unit?

Disapointed to see the body-colour headlight surrounds are no longer used.

guest287

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
all look same really, don't they

Comical Engineer

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
I'm impressed by the MPG of the smaller unit. 100ps and 24km/litre fuel consumption equates to about 68mpg  Shocked The larger engine at 19.6 km/l gives 55.6 mpg.

This is substantially better than the 1.4i-dsi engine in the current car.

I note that the performance gains of the smaller engine are mostly over 3500 rpm - not a rev range that many people would use very often I expect. That said, the improved fuel economy will be welcome.

I am surprised that Honda never offered the 1.5 vtec in the UK as I feel that the Jazz is under-powered.

Tags: