Author Topic: USB connection has stopped working  (Read 3313 times)

Peter5145

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 3 Jazz 1.5 Sport
USB connection has stopped working
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »
I have a 2019 Jazz Sport and typically use the USB connection to play MP3 music files from a stick drive. However, a couple of weeks ago this abruptly stopped working - it just doesn't seem to recognise the drive at all. I have tried it with different drives from different manufacturers, but with the same result.

I took it into the dealer to take a look, but they couldn't find any problem, and indeed it worked OK with a phone.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Is this something where I might need to contact Honda directly?

I previously used this function with no problem with both another Jazz and a Civic.

michaelC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 2013
Re: USB connection has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:21:21 PM »
as with my other post, my USB cable also failed to work afew months ago.  Was quite irritated that it happened without any root cause to understand.
Bought a bluetooth receiver to connect to the AUX port now, as a "it will do for now" option... :(

Peter5145

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 3 Jazz 1.5 Sport
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:58:06 PM »
I tried it with a brand-new memory stick and had the same issue, so I managed to persuade the dealer to raise it as an issue with Honda. It was booked in for them to have another look at it - today in fact - but obviously that has now been postponed due to coronavirus.

Fortunately the car has a CD player, so I still have a choice of music, and I'm not going to be driving it anywhere much over the next few weeks anyway  :-\

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 10:59:34 AM »
Have you tried a hard re-boot of the audio unit?

With the ignition/audio on, Press and hold the audio power button for around 5 to 10 seconds, the unit will reboot and you will see a sequence of 2d H badge and the 3d H badge and then it restarts.

Tags: