Author Topic: Hello from Finland  (Read 1190 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Hello from Finland
« on: May 06, 2020, 08:44:09 AM »
I am a soon to be GK5 Jazz owner from Finland.

I bought a 2019 built unused GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic with 6-speed manual in Skyride Blue. There was no 1.5 Jazzes available in Finland anymore, so I ended up buying one from Luxembourg. I am anxiously looking forward to get it in two weeks.

I ordered bunch of dealer mounted accessories like trailer hitch, footwell lighting, LED interior lights, rear armrest storage, rear tablet holder, mats for passengers and boot and a tailgate strap. I also ordered JA1501 wheels for the winter tires, but they were not able to get those at the moment. I asked the local Honda dealer to get those before next winter. We'll see if they manage to do that.

I would like to have a protective film for rear bumper to prevent scratches when loading cargo, but that seems not to be available from Honda. I will have to look for an aftermarket solution. I will also be looking for a rear footwell lights, a full size spare tire and an open center console (without armrest), but those are rather low in priority.

I have been sticking to last millennium cars as I genuinely do hate the safety and assistance systems that interfere my driving. Therefore the decision to go for a brand new car has been difficult, but I was tempted to get pretty sporty naturally aspirated petrol engined car with starter key and mechanical hand brake when such is still available. There seems to be some tricks to disable traction and stability control and collision mitigating braking systems especially when driving outside of trafic or on less maintained roads. And I am not giving any older cars away anyway.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:03:32 AM by TnTkr »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Hello from Finland
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 09:33:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  8)

Sounds like a lovely car, with all the bells and whistles.  ;)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
Welcome.  Don't be shy in joining in the conversations. The more the merrier and the view from Finland is more than appreciated.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:00:01 PM »
Thank you!

Now when I started searching for bumper guard, I found Honda Rear Bumper Applique 08P48-T5A-102A available in North-America for 2019 Fit. I assume that is exactly what I need.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 02:11:12 PM »

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 09:29:19 PM »
I am a soon to be GK5 Jazz owner from Finland.

I bought a 2019 built unused GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic with 6-speed manual in Skyride Blue. There was no 1.5 Jazzes available in Finland anymore, so I ended up buying one from Luxembourg. I am anxiously looking forward to get it in two weeks.

I ordered bunch of dealer mounted accessories like trailer hitch, footwell lighting, LED interior lights, rear armrest storage, rear tablet holder, mats for passengers and boot and a tailgate strap. I also ordered JA1501 wheels for the winter tires, but they were not able to get those at the moment. I asked the local Honda dealer to get those before next winter. We'll see if they manage to do that.

I would like to have a protective film for rear bumper to prevent scratches when loading cargo, but that seems not to be available from Honda. I will have to look for an aftermarket solution. I will also be looking for a rear footwell lights, a full size spare tire and an open center console (without armrest), but those are rather low in priority.

I have been sticking to last millennium cars as I genuinely do hate the safety and assistance systems that interfere my driving. Therefore the decision to go for a brand new car has been difficult, but I was tempted to get pretty sporty naturally aspirated petrol engined car with starter key and mechanical hand brake when such is still available. There seems to be some tricks to disable traction and stability control and collision mitigating braking systems especially when driving outside of trafic or on less maintained roads. And I am not giving any older cars away anyway.

Welcome! Take a look on eBay and also ideas from YouTube in Honda Fit/Jazz 2015-19 models for ideas.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 08:44:22 AM »
My Jazz has just arrived to the port. I think I'll get it within next week.  ;D

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 02:59:28 AM »
I got my Jazz today! Photos in Gallery subforum: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12071.0

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 08:16:16 AM »
Now when I started searching for bumper guard, I found Honda Rear Bumper Applique 08P48-T5A-102A available in North-America for 2019 Fit. I assume that is exactly what I need.

Before rushing to order I luckily noted that US models have bigger rear bumper. Therefore this bumper guard would not fit to my Jazz. I also realized that due to hatch sill being much higher than pumper and the bumper being so narrow there is actually no need for this kind of guard. Case closed  ;)

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 07:51:34 PM »
I got my winterwheels.  ;D
15x6 Honda accessory wheels JA1503.

Tags:

anything