Author Topic: Placed a deposit on a jazz - advice please  (Read 9291 times)

guest4871

Re: Placed a deposit on a jazz - advice please
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »
Thanks, in case anybody is interested!

Their costs: £395 - Diamond Brite - wonder if I can do that much cheaper!
3 years GAP = £395 (I shall shop around if I need it - thx for advice)
Rear Parking sensors = £350
Front and Rear Parking sensors = £650
3 year service plan - £545
12 months extended warranty = £499
24 months extended warranty = £799

Diamond Brite is a bit like Marmite! I have never bothered and you'll find much cheaper independently. Most of the £350 goes as sales comiision to the salesman and £350 sounds very high to me. I would guess no more than £200. Others may comment.

Gap is best bought online not from the dealer.

Rear parking sensors after fit. These are the people I used.

https://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/ps740_park_safe_rear_parking_sensors.html

Same for front.

Service plan sounds OK and sensible if you are OK using this dealer. Check what it includes.

If this is a 2017 car it has the balance of a 3 year  manufacturers warranty so you don't need this (or might even be 5 year if car was originally sold on special deal - worth checking!). Warranty can be used at any Honda dealer in UK. So forget the extended warranty - if its a Honda you won't need it.  ;D

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 08:48:36 PM »
AlexS - as your Jazz has a manual gearbox I'd forget about the extended warranty. If it was a CVT auto (like mine) I'd get the warranty as the transmission replacement cost is very high! I got a 3 year extended warranty from Vertu Honda for £699 - £69.90 per month for 10 months. Good choice - the Jazz is a great car.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:50:21 PM by AlanTR »

AlexS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: HONDA JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC S 5-DOOR 2017.
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 09:18:10 PM »
Rear parking sensors after fit. These are the people I used.

https://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/ps740_park_safe_rear_parking_sensors.html

Same for front.

Great tip.
Would this invalidate the warrenty I wonder?
2017 HONDA JAZZ 1.3 I-VTEC S 5-DOOR - Orange Sunset II

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »
I would recommend the service plan if you are near a main dealer.  It should be a good deal cheaper than paying the dealer service prices.  I paid £550 for 5 years 3 years ago, but no doubt they've gone up a bit now.
I notice that my local dealer is now offering 5 year servicing for £599, but that's only when buying new.  £545 for only 3 years isn't all that attractive.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »

Diamond Brite is a bit like Marmite! I have never bothered and you'll find much cheaper independently.

I was sceptical of diamondbrite and other coatings but I have had Civic 6 years now and although I said I wouldn't pay for it the dealer threw it in anyway.  Now I never clean cars or wax them ( I use AutoGlym super resin polish on plastic headlights every month or so and so far they have stayed crystal clear ).  The car basically gets washed when it rains or it gets too bad and no chance of rain I get the garden hose with brush and a shampoo stick ( maybe once a year ).  I have attached photo PDF of the reflection from Civic Paint   Can almost read number plates of neighbours cars......
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:58:24 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 10:28:02 PM »
Re the gap insurance, I've just checked, I paid £104 for cover for 3 years cover to pay any gap between what insurer pays me if car is a write off and what is outstanding on the finance. There are more expensive policies which will cover up to the original purchase price, hope this gives you an idea of the dealer mark up involved.

AlexS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 11:41:07 PM »
Brilliant.

Folks thankyou very much for your help. I very much appreciate it.

Of course I've only created another post now in another sub forum, I promise though I will shut up soon. I've also posted some pics:

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11046.msg

Btw I really love that space under the boot floor where the spare tyre should be! But yikes no spare tyre!!

Thanks..

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:43:13 PM by AlexS »

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 07:10:01 AM »
Re the gap insurance, I've just checked, I paid £104 for cover for 3 years cover to pay any gap between what insurer pays me if car is a write off and what is outstanding on the finance. There are more expensive policies which will cover up to the original purchase price, hope this gives you an idea of the dealer mark up involved.

It's even better if you're not on finance as you get the difference in price paid, and what the insurer pays out if the car is a total loss, which is why I chose it  :D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »
With falling residuals on ICE cars, GAP insurance is becoming to be essential for those with PCP finance deals.

A neighbour is coming to the end of a PCP on an Audi TT, they are facing a shortfall of several thousand pounds, just to hand the bloody thing back!

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2019, 09:16:25 AM »
With falling residuals on ICE cars, GAP insurance is becoming to be essential for those with PCP finance deals.

A neighbour is coming to the end of a PCP on an Audi TT, they are facing a shortfall of several thousand pounds, just to hand the bloody thing back!

I had a diesel Qashqai that the book value was less than the price for me to pay, so I just handed it back. The finance companies problem then with regards to any shortfall, so I would thought that your neighbour could do the same?

AlexS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »

What is an ICE car? (They all have in car entertainment don't they?).
Why particularly ICE cars?

Thx.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
Internal Combustion Engine

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

AlexS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 10:57:19 AM »
Internal Combustion Engine

So if it isn't an ICE car it's an electric car (not hybrid)? Just wondering why that term was used. Cheers.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
ICE, HEV, PHEV, BEV. All the initials get more confusing. And as for "Self Charging Hybrid". Is that not what they all were before PHEV came along?

guest7494

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »
ICE, HEV, PHEV, BEV. All the initials get more confusing. And as for "Self Charging Hybrid". Is that not what they all were before PHEV came along?

what the the hek are HEV PHEV and BEV, they sound like aPop group of yesteryears.
Some enlightenment please?

Tags: