Author Topic: NEW BATTERY?  (Read 2942 times)

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
NEW BATTERY?
« on: March 14, 2024, 11:57:11 AM »
I have two queries with my Jazz (owned for 2.5 years and has generally given good, reliable service) however;

A: The headlight switch is usually left on "Automatic" but I find that often the lights will not turn themselves on during daytime when the weather is overcast / dull / drizzling but will come on when there is a clear sky and the sun is shining!

B:Car is used primarily for local journeys so mileage is is still low, currently at 57k, but I have been waiting for the "Service Due" light to come on before doing a major service (I have done oil changes and other odd jobs such as brake pads in the mean time) but having played with the "info" button on the steering wheel I cannot get it to indicate either "service due" or "xxx miles to next service".

Car had only 50k miles when purchased and I replaced the battery a year later at 53k miles, so was wondering if the above are related to when the battery was changed if it should have been "coded" to the car?

X25DJB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 IMA HS
Re: NEW BATTERY?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 12:09:41 PM »
I have exactly the same issue with the automatic lights. They seem to have a 'mind of their own'. Fine at dawn and dusk, but I often intervene in relation to murky conditions. That said I do in falling rain or fog too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

jazzphil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GE
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 03:29:02 PM »
Slightly off-topic (sorry) but has anyone got a recommendation for replacement dipped beam bulbs for the Jazz?  Frankly, the light output from the standard bulbs is miserable...

BT3469

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Jazz EXL CVT
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 08:00:56 PM »
Slightly off-topic (sorry) but has anyone got a recommendation for replacement dipped beam bulbs for the Jazz?  Frankly, the light output from the standard bulbs is miserable...
Classic led bulbs will cure that. Not cheap but very effective

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HertsHonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 2017
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 11:10:52 PM »
"info" button on the steering wheel I cannot get it to indicate either "service due" or "xxx miles to next service".
Maybe the service reminders have been disabled by a dealer for a previous owner? - like my used MK3

GBH

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 06:57:21 AM »
"info" button on the steering wheel I cannot get it to indicate either "service due" or "xxx miles to next service".
Maybe the service reminders have been disabled by a dealer for a previous owner? - like my used MK3

Thank you for that. I was not aware that a dealer could or would do that.  The service book has bee kept up to date with a stamp for each year' so the book is nearly full although the mileage is not yet 60,000.  I believe that the first owner may have had it under a "disability" lease so it would make sense to have the car serviced  annually rather than by distance as it must have been only used for short journeys.

Tags: