Author Topic: My Jazz SR arrived yesterday  (Read 6654 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
My Jazz SR arrived yesterday
« on: July 04, 2020, 06:24:03 AM »
The Jazz looks great in Platinum White and is very quiet to drive and seems to have much more thrust. The dealer could not supply number plates with a Union Jack in place of the UK flag so I had plates without a flag and fitted gel stickers with a UK flag and GB logo. I have only been on a short trip so far.

I haven't manages to activated the speed limiters yet but need to look at it again today.

More to follow

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: My Jazz SR arrived yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:46:59 AM »
Look forward to reviews.

Major clanger

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:12:34 AM »
The Jazz looks great in Platinum White and is very quiet to drive and seems to have much more thrust. The dealer could not supply number plates with a Union Jack in place of the UK flag so I had plates without a flag and fitted gel stickers with a UK flag and GB logo. I have only been on a short trip so far.

I haven't manages to activated the speed limiters yet but need to look at it again today.

More to follow

I thought the union jack (or more acurately union flag, jack only when at sea) was the UK flag. St Georges cross being the English flag.

Enjoy your new car.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:43:05 AM »
I had the Scottish Saltire and SCO on my Volvo plates but nothing on the Jazz plates.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 05:42:13 PM »

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 06:25:50 PM »
Sounds positive will be good to hear what it’s like

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »
My dealer is still waiting for a truck loaded with new Honda vehicles to show up. Early next week, perhaps?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »
 ;D The car is really quiet & more comfortable than the Mk3 it has loads of thrust especially in EV mode. I managed to get the speed limiters enabled and last night drove about 8 miles in built up areas, trip recorder indicated 81mpg. Due to go on a longer journey today so that will be more mixed driving including motorway, dual carriageways and in town.

I am not sure about the lane departure mitigation on normal roads it is quite weird to feel the steering being pulled due to a line on the road or on roads with no curb.

At the moment I miss the paddles on down hill roads but the B mode seem to be ok but will take some getting used to. The Brake Hold function is great no more holding my foot on the break pedal at traffic lights.

;D Having not had a test drive hasn't been a problem so far everything seems great.

I thought from the online brochure that the car would come with the My Honda dongle but that is the case, I wish I had released that because I spent ages trying to get the My Honda App to connect to the car.

The on line user manual is different from the printed one, but the manual can also be displayed on the car media screen.

I seem to have Android Auto working so hopefully I should be able to use Google Maps navigation today.

I was lucky, I only ordered the car on Tuesday, it was in the showroom so the sale went through quickly, the car was delivered before 13:00 on Friday.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:48:06 AM by csp »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 10:30:55 AM »
Everything I've read confirms what you say csp. This is a step change for Honda and possibly the best Jazz yet.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »
Over the last 50 years I have taken delivery of about 23 new cars, many being leased company cars, so far I would say that the Jazz e:HEV is one of the best cars I have driven. I have driven Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 and the Mk4 is the best I have driven, also the most expensive though.

Today I drove my Jazz SR about 60 miles total, 30 miles on A, B or unclassified roads through the New Forest mostly less than 50mph, the trip computer showing 82mpg at the end of that drive. On the way back driving 30 miles along the A31, M27, M3 ending with the return trip showing 72mpg for that journey.

Through the forest the car ran mostly on EV or with the engine generating power to charge the battery or supply the drive motor. On the dual carriageway and motorway the car was running most of the time in EV mode or in charging mode at speeds up to 60, then over 60 the engine seemed to be running most of the time.

I plan to now reset the A trip computer to exclude the pre-delivery and delivery drive so that the trip computer just shows my driving, I will set the A trip computer to reset each time the tank is filled and reset the B trip computer next time I fill up and leave that set for manual resetting.

The non Honda custom carpet mats I bought for my Mk3 Jazz CVT fit ok in the Mk4 Jazz.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:21:17 PM by csp »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »
I plan to now reset the A trip computer to exclude the pre-delivery and delivery drive so that the trip computer just shows my driving, I will set the A trip computer to reset each time the tank is filled and reset the B trip computer next time I fill up and leave that set for manual resetting.
Those are impressive numbers although I would assume they might be 5% high given Honda's track record with the car computers invariably over-stating the mpg (my Mk 3 Jazz was 9% high although the HR-V is only 3% high compared to miles driven / fuel into tank).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 09:46:23 AM »
I find, with my Mk1, that the larger the mpg figure the nearer the real value is to the Display figure.
Today I topped up and the Display said 63.4 whereas the calculated figure was 61.7 mpg. That is only 2.75% optimistic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 11:39:36 AM »
I find, with my Mk1, that the larger the mpg figure the nearer the real value is to the Display figure.
Today I topped up and the Display said 63.4 whereas the calculated figure was 61.7 mpg. That is only 2.75% optimistic.

When i used to check fuel used against miles traveled I found that the smoother my driving ( no hard acceleration and braking ) the nearer the indicated value was to the actual calculated value.  The system uses injector 'on' times from ECU and updates every 10 seconds or so - the display is also more sensitive / responds more quickly ( nearer the instantaneous readout ) after the trip display has just been reset, when the fuel used ( as seen by ECU ) is averaged over a small mileage than after say 50 miles or more is on the trip,  when the fuel used is averaged over a bigger mileage and going uphill or downhill hardly seems to affect the display.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 12:11:16 PM »
The system uses injector 'on' times from ECU
Yep, ON time and estimated density coming from the fuel temperature when measured by a thermocouple, otherwise this value is an average constant.

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
Over the last 50 years I have taken delivery of about 23 new cars, many being leased company cars, so far I would say that the Jazz e:HEV is one of the best cars I have driven. I have driven Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 and the Mk4 is the best I have driven, also the most expensive though.

Today I drove my Jazz SR about 60 miles total, 30 miles on A, B or unclassified roads through the New Forest mostly less than 50mph, the trip computer showing 82mpg at the end of that drive. On the way back driving 30 miles along the A31, M27, M3 ending with the return trip showing 72mpg for that journey.

Through the forest the car ran mostly on EV or with the engine generating power to charge the battery or supply the drive motor. On the dual carriageway and motorway the car was running most of the time in EV mode or in charging mode at speeds up to 60, then over 60 the engine seemed to be running most of the time.

The non Honda custom carpet mats I bought for my Mk3 Jazz CVT fit ok in the Mk4 Jazz.

Hi - it sounds all very positive so far. Have you noticed any pre-heating system for the car when it's cold? I expect there is something fitted but it may not activate until the temperature drops, however in case of demisting and needing warm air this wouldn't be provided by running on EV alone. I guess a small electric device is fitted to provide warm air.  It might be interesting once frost appears to see what activates to help demist the windscreen.

Tags:

anything