Author Topic: Mk4 Jazz Reliability  (Read 1874 times)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Mk4 Jazz Reliability
« on: December 03, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »
Although it seems like yesterday, way back in 2006 when I picked up my new "spaceship" Civic not only did I encounter immediate 'niggly' issues, but forums - primarily Civinfo - were filled with issues related to the design, engineering and build quality of the vehicle.

With the new Jazz I see far less of that, with the exception of RDMS, ACC and MyConnect+ issues / concerns.

Specifically I'd lke to know if:

a) anyone has had warranty issues so far? If so, what were they and how were they resolved?
b) if you feel the quality / engineering for this particular JDM vehicle is superior to that of other recent Hondas / other cars you owned?

I know it's early days yet, but it strikes me that alot of thought went into this Jazz. And I see the same attention to detail being applied to the new Civic and HR-V which bodes well for the 2023 CR-V due next year ;-)

Your thoughts please!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 03:27:02 PM by Jayt43 »

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Mk4 Jazz Reliability
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 04:57:58 PM »
I am not really a representative sample, having had the car 5 months and done only 2000 miles but can report zero defects and no issues. RDMS is a total disaster, however much I try and live with it. I think it staggering that such a system made it through in to production. It is not a defect or warranty issue though and fortunately can be turned off. Apart from that I am delighted with the car and hope it continues to give good service.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 04:58:22 PM »
The only issues I've had are software, the mechanics seem well built. I've done 5,700 miles from new in 3.5 months.

- heated steering wheel only goes luke warm - but apparently programmed that way so people don't sue Honda if the wheel is too hot.

- RDMS, ACC and LKAS I never use due to issues.

The car warms up quickly in winter, which is good as many hybrids take ages to warm up.

Seat heater on level 3 is great, much better than the poor seat heaters on my previous Toyota Auris hybrid.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:05:00 PM by sportse »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 05:30:04 PM »
No problems with mine although I have only had for just a tad under two months covering 450 miles. The issues with the RDMS are well documented but are down to poor design rather than faults per se.

The car seems re-assuringly  well put together.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
My Mk4 is my first Honda car. The car is as well made as I expect for a £23k car. I owned a one year old Series 1 BMW for a year before buying the Jazz. The BMW had a more expensive feel although the cost, at one year old was similar to the Jazz. The car I owned before that was a Fiat Panda Mk2. The Panda only cost £8k brand new. It gave me no trouble at all for 9 years. My wife and I loved it!
Neil Ives

Jayt43

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 07:45:00 PM »
Seat heater on level 3 is great, much better than the poor seat heaters on my previous Toyota Auris hybrid.

Level 3 is hardcore ;) I've only gone up to 2 and that was warm enough!

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 07:53:17 PM »
Had my Jazz EX since late April.
Just had its first service at 12,500 miles.
Added the LED boot lamp whilst in for service, which improves the load space illumination.
No issues. Very pleased with the car.
Relaxing to drive around town and comfortable on long motorway trips.
Pleased with the economy, performance and practicality.
Would happily buy again.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:56:48 PM by IanG »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »

Level 3 is hardcore ;) I've only gone up to 2 and that was warm enough!
I park outside in freezing temperatures so 3 is great to get warmed up, but I usually have to drop down to level 2 after a while.

Interestingly, the seat heater keeps the setting even after you switch off. If you leave it on level 2, it will always be on when the car is running.

The heated steering wheel turns off when the car is turned off - perhaps in case another driver gets in and doesn’t know how to turn it off.

pete-preston

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz hybrid ex i-hmmd
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »
Hi All

I have had many makes of cars in my history, and I must say that even though I have only had it for 6 months and 3000 ,miles my Honda Mk4 is by far the best of the bunch.
It drives so effortlessly and the fuel economy is great. Plenty of buttons to use ,but the only gripe I have are the usual ones that cause many problems on this site.
RDMS LKAS and ACC.
If only there was a way to turn them off and stay off I would recomend the car to anyone, no problem.

Looking forward to many more carefree miles   ;)

Pete-Preston

slatina

• Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 10:37:37 PM »
This topic being so empty is actually a very good thing, since there is nothing much to talk about

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 05:24:43 AM »
In addition, the oldest MK4 Jazz here must be over 18 months and nothing significant has emerged.
Let's be careful out there !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 08:27:45 AM »
...48 days in, 1260 miles and nothing to report.
One gripe I have is the driver's door air vent doesn't seem to angle in enough towards the driver. It starts to close at the point I don't' want it to. So the air just bypasses the hand on the wheel.
I think the design of the circular MK2 vents (haven't seen MK3) was much better for angled air flow.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 08:58:23 AM »
I'd like the inner air vents to be closable. On a hot day Wifey wanted air, I didn't
Neil Ives

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 05:53:12 PM »
As for the reliability of the Mk4 Jazz: I will probably respond in 4, 5, maybe 6 years. Hopefully even much, much later.  :-*
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags: