Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: So how good is your handbrake?
« Last post by VicW on Today at 03:22:28 PM »
None of the four Jazz's that I owned ever had handbrake problems but when at a standstill for more than a few seconds I would slip the gearbox into neutral. That way there was no continuous pull on the transmission and the torque converter or starter clutch wasn't heating up.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Mk4 Jazz Reliability
« Last post by Jayt43 on Today at 03:13:49 PM »
Although it seems like yesterday, way back in 2006 when I picked up my new "spaceship" Civic not only did I encounter immediate 'niggly' issues, but forums - primarily Civinfo - were filled with issues related to the design, engineering and build quality of the vehicle.

With the new Jazz I see far less of that, with the exception of RDMS, ACC and MyConnect+ issues / concerns.

Specifically I'd lke to know if:

a) anyone has had warranty issues so far? If so, what were they and how were they resolved?
b) if you feel the quality / engineering for this particular JDM vehicle is superior to that of other recent Hondas / other cars you owned?

I know it's early days yet, but it strikes me that alot of thought went into this Jazz. And I see the same attention to detail being applied to the new Civic and HR-V which bodes well for the 2023 CR-V due next year ;-)

Your thoughts please!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: HR-V e:HEV Driven BY ME.
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 03:09:01 PM »
No, I have posted the same text in 1 (ONE) Jazz forum, but in several (HR-V) topics, which in my humble opinion could very well be combined into one HR-V topic.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2009 mk II lifespan
« Last post by shufty on Today at 02:59:37 PM »
...My mkII 1.4 did 11 years & 145,000 miles. 2010 plate

It had usual servicing and wear/tear item replacement plus tyres etc... but the only extra item was an aircon compressor after 5 years, although the aircon was on everyday so that wasn't undue. The replacement was 'used' and that was working fine when the car was p/ex'd in October.
Small rust evidence on offside rear wheel arch and a few car park scratch injuries but original shocks and exhaust etc.

Hondas see to give their age away more with creaks and rattles inside the cabin than anything mechanical so I wouldn't be worried really about them soldiering on :)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / So how good is your handbrake?
« Last post by davejazz on Today at 02:58:42 PM »
My car is a 1.3 auto, 2016, and I have owned it for half its life.  What a super all-rounder it is. If I was pointing the finger at all, it would be its inability, to climb anything more than a moderate hill,without the following traffic, wanting to climb into my boot!  But I can live with that, because it excels at everything else that it does.

My question, is one that I am sure, some people will be able to advise upon.

When I am sat at the traffic lights, waiting for them to change to green, I have to keep my foot rested on the brake pedal. I would prefer to set the handbrake, and remove the annoyance of my brake lights, dazzling the driver behind.
However, even though I apply a fair amount of pressure to the handbrake, the car is still pulled forward slowly, by the torque of the engine.  Yesterday, I replaced the rear pads, and lubricated the slider pins,  after checking that the discs were in good condition.  I can live with this, but I have not come across it, with any other vehicle that I have had.

So, thanks for reading,....does your auto do this?..... I will be interested in any replies. Thanks.
« Last post by shufty on Today at 02:45:46 PM »
...They share similarities and people are interested in the info that's being provided. I can't see the harm in them being where they are for now.

I see you have posted the same text in multiple forums. You are obviously perturbed by the HRV, so maybe if you avoid those topics it would alleviate this feeling for you?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Dash Cam Hardwire Earth Point 2012 Jazz
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:37:50 PM »
If you plug it onto the Aux socket that provides the necessary earth.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2009 mk II lifespan
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:33:38 PM »
I have a 2006 Mk 1 S with the 1.2 DSi engine. In the five and a half years I have owned it, it has covered 60,000 miles. (price when bought from a dealer 1795) It now has 147,000 miles on the clock.
The mpg figure beside my avatar is my average mpg over that time and mileage.
The last thing you need to worry about with a secondhand Jazz is reliability.
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 02:16:44 PM »
This is supposed to be the "Forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz from 2020 to present".

It can be really interesting to read about the HR-V in this Jazz forum, especially when it comes to relevant differences or similarities with the Jazz.
However, the question is whether one topic in this forum for the 4th generation Honda Jazz would not be enough. At the moment I already count three four five (I stop counting now  ;)) topics, which in my humble opinion could very well be combined into one HR-V topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything