Author Topic: Ecoboost problems.  (Read 1270 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Ecoboost problems.
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:55:50 PM »
Ford finally having to admit liability over Ecoboost problems.

Ford to refund 'engine fail' EcoBoost customers

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Ecoboost problems.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 05:52:05 PM »
On another forum (non car related) a lady was relating the problems she and her husband were having with a Fiesta 1.0 Eco Boost from 2014 and Ford were refusing to have anything to do with it. I'll pass this link on.

Takes these companies ages to finally admit culpability. I still get posts from a Facebook group set up to deal with ABS issues from the Mk5 Golf and other contemporary VW models. For years they refused to help customers once the warranty had expired even though the cheap crap VW often use for components, in this case some cowboy outfit from Argentina who made the ABS pumps, were obviously unfit for purpose. They eventually started to deal with cases outside of warranty on a goodwill basis.

Izzy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 SE Jazz
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:32:53 AM »
Large car manufactures usually make a numbers game out of = % of failures against cars sold and they will always work it out in there favour MB use this method I know

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »
My last car was an Ecoboost 1.0 Ford Fiesta and as an Engineer I was always aware that cooling on this engine was critical. It was not like the engines in the old days which I remember driving when overheating until I got the car home for repairs.

The Ecoboost engine block is about the size of A4 sheet of paper cubed, no coolant, bye bye engine in short order.
I can't get over the price of the engine, £5000 plus.

Tags:

anything