Author Topic: Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?  (Read 1059 times)

hazeyjane

• Registered Member
Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?
« on: April 27, 2024, 03:34:49 PM »
Hi all,

Im about to get a new Jazz Crosstar soon. And the only thing im not super exited about is the ground clearance. Do you think there is a way to mod the car with a raised suspension or something similar?

I saw this Honda concept of the Crosstar, not sure if it's even raised there, but it could be an even more amazing car if it was higher IMO. What do you think? Is it possible even?

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
Re: Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 03:42:37 PM »
That photo does look good. I think your first port of call would need to be your Honda dealer as any alteration would probably affect your warranty and insurance i suspect, but good luck.

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 08:09:32 PM »
I'm with @Whiteshark on this one:

If you absolutely need more ground clearance: Why buy a Jazz?
(it might prove to be more expensive to modify an initially unsuited car to your special needs than buy the "right" car in the first place)

puzzled greetings

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:12:34 AM »
Indeed it would be nice to have even more ground clearance in Crosstar. In theory it should be possible to change to longer springs, or stiffer springs, or put some spring spacers to lengthen the existing springs, but I have no experience about this in practice.

The ground clearance of Crosstar is only about 1 cm higher than the other Jazzes, I measured it once at my local dealer. I think this 1 cm comes from the Crosstar's tyres that are 17 mm larger in diameter than the tyres of the other models. So it could be that Crosstar probably has the same suspension as the other Jazzes. In the specs it says that Crosstar is 3 cm taller than the other Jazz models, so the missing 2 cm must then come from somewhere else, maybe from the roof rails.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:26:21 AM »
Why would you need it raising?
A Crosstar is just a styling exercise of the standard Jazz. The power train is the same, and doesn't have any 4x4 type credentials whatsoever. Surely if you need higher ground clearance for the terrain and topography you live, or indeed drive in... then you would buy something more suited.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:50:05 AM »
Did you drive the Crosstar over local or familiar roads?

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:25:30 AM »
If I was worried about ground clearance I’d be looking at a Dacia Duster or Sandero Stepway. A one year old Duster, with the new model on the way, is an exceptionally good bargain at the moment.

Tags: