Author Topic: Caller cannot hear my voice answering a call.  (Read 1807 times)

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
Caller cannot hear my voice answering a call.
« on: November 03, 2020, 05:51:19 PM »
I have a 2018 EX Navi which I haven't used much but managed to set up my phone but have now noticed that when I answer a call, the caller cannot hear me. Is there anything that I am missing to set up, the radio was playing music and I simply accepted the call and could hear my wife but she couldn't hear me.
I tried it again when home and it's the same, anyone have any suggestions please?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Caller cannot hear my voice answering a call.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 08:49:13 AM »
Did the audio system automatically mute when you answered the call. Did you wife hear nothing or not well enough to understand you?

The microphone is in the ceiling above the mirror. The only advice the handbook offers is to close the windows and make sure that the air vents are not blowing air towards the ceiling.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 10:28:08 AM »
If I recall correctly there’s a outgoing call volume control in the settings that needs to be on max for it to work try not to have incoming on max as that can cause interface

Toptek

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I have had a look at the settings and cannot see the option for the outgoing volume, the radio volume does mute when making a call but just the same so it's booked in for the dealership to resolve.

Tags: