Author Topic: Honda Jazz GD headlight recall  (Read 23616 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda Jazz GD headlight recall
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »
Have a look at this:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2723596

Thanks to all those who passed this information on.

Edit: 29 Jan 2011

Letters are being sent out now.

"We have discovered that, the headlight low beam function on some Honda Jazz may not come on, or may go off whilst driving. We would like to reassure you that the chance of a fault occurring is very small. No injury or accident has been attributed to this issue".

Honda Recall Administration, January 2011.

Check to see if your Jazz is affected:
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/youandyourcar/recallsandupdates/

Edit 27 March 2011: second letters have now been sent out formally requesting your Jazz is taken to a Honda dealer for further attention. The letter should state your nearest Honda dealers.

Edit 17 May 2011: work takes about half an hour. Radio stations may have to be reprogrammed into the radio pre-sets.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:21:47 PM by RichardA »

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Honda Jazz GD headlight recall
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
There should have been a similar recall on 1998-2002 Nissan Micras. At about 5-6 years old they would melt the socket on the back of the main headlamp bulb.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
I emailed Honda UK with my VIN details and asked if my Jazz was affected but they just said there are no recalls outstanding on my Jazz.

I think I will be getting a letter soon about a recall........................
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:51:35 AM by JazzyB »

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »
Just as I thought my Jazz is affected, got a letter today to say so.

What annoys me is that I asked Honda UK specifically about the headlight issue, they just replied with a generic response saying that according to their system my car has no outstanding recalls.

And here we are a week later with a recall!

Anybody else received a letter from Honda?

guest593

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
Got a letter from Honda today saying there could be a malfunction with some Jazz's headlight switch, which they intend to replace. The fault is that in some reported cases the dipped headlights may fail to come on or may go off whilst driving.

It states that they will be in touch in due course to confirm my nearest Honda dealer.

It says that if you experience this fault before getting the recall letter you should contact your nearest Honda dealer

----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1296155810 -----

Apologies for not posting this in the correct section

TonyS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 1.4 EX
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
We received one today for my wife's Jazz which is a 2004 1.4 ES, Japanese built.
The letter does not differentiate between GD or GE models but simply states that they have discovered the problem on some Jazz models.
We will wait and see when and if the local dealer calls.

guest238

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 09:47:04 PM »
I'll probably get a letter as I just p/x'ed my 2006 SE CVT for a Nissan Cashcow Qashqai. If it ends up at a Honda dealer (it should do based on the number of letters the dealer sent to me desperately asking for used Jazzes to satisfy demand) then they should do the work before selling it on.

guest806

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »
Got ours yesterday.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
/\ Same here.

TonyS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 1.4 EX
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
Next door neighbour returned from holiday yesterday to find letter from Honda re headlight recall, good to see that Honda's database is up to date - she wrote off her Jazz over three years ago!!!

guest1583

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 08:22:38 AM »
got my too..

guest593

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
Next door neighbour returned from holiday yesterday to find letter from Honda re headlight recall, good to see that Honda's database is up to date - she wrote off her Jazz over three years ago!!!
Car manufactures get owners details from the DVLA so not Honda's fault.
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1296773861 -----
I contacted Honda to ask if they would be disconnecting the battery when do the work on the recall and got the reply below which gives some idea of the work to be done.

"I have gained confirmation of the following information below which should answer your question.

There is no actual requirement to disconnect the battery as part of this recall work.  The only wires which should be touched will be those which have power 'from' the switch, not fed 'to' the switch.

For information however, in all cases of disconnection of the battery our dealer procedures clearly state that they should record radio codes before disconnection. Therefore if the dealer is working on the battery you can be assured that they should always record the codes first."

guest1461

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:51:29 PM »
We received one today for my wife's Jazz which is a 2004 1.4 ES, Japanese built.
The letter does not differentiate between GD or GE models but simply states that they have discovered the problem on some Jazz models.
We will wait and see when and if the local dealer calls.

Your local dealer will not call you about the recal that is why letters are sent out to customers.
Started doing these today not found one with a fault yet.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 07:19:30 PM »
Today I received another letter (2nd) about the headlight switch fault and I got 3 dealers tel.no (around where I live) to call one to get an appointment.

mod: about 1 hour job for the service to do the headlight and electric window switch faults.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:01:33 PM by DV »

guest1809

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Honda belgium is doing the same recall. Got my letter today saying that some kind of switch could melt and cause headlight malfunction.

Tags: recalls 

anything