Author Topic: Saw My First One Yesterday  (Read 13320 times)

fut1a

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX the wifes
Saw My First One Yesterday
« on: August 31, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
Saw a blue HRV (I think it was an SE) outside the dealers yesterday with the robust pack on it, so I pulled up to take a look and it looked good. They had a steel metallic EX in the showroom with the aero pack on and upgraded wheels which looked even better. They also had an orange Jazz ( I think it was an SE) which didn't look that good in mine and the wifes opinion.

The wife has a Jazz and has been waiting for the new one to come out, but now she wants an HRV. Been on Drive The Deal and specced a 1.5 EX with aero pack and premium pack, and e-mailed the dealer to see if they will match the deal. I am not expecting them to but thought I would give them the opportunity. I have also made an enquiry with Drive The Deal but it all depends on the delivery date really, because if it's going to be too late this year we will wait until March next year.

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Saw My First One Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:40:30 PM »
Forgot to mention the EX in the showroom was just over 28k  :o

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
Just been to marshals to see the jazz and hrv
The new jazz feels completely different to the old one and the new hrv only shares the same name as the old one
The orange on the jazz isn't very appealing but actually seeing the car it does look good

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »
Just placed the order with Drive The Deal. Mid to the end of October delivery, so they say.

My local dealer who we bought the Jazz from and does all the servicing has not got back to me, and I grew tired of waiting.

I had some quotes from Carwow and all bar were not offering any discounts. The dealer that did offer a discount offered a 6.6% saving and that was JCB Ashford in Kent. Drive The Deal were still £583.30 cheaper.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
How much was the hrv then if you don't mind me asking?

We really like the new shape and fancy getting one too

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 07:01:31 AM »
How much was the hrv then if you don't mind me asking?

We really like the new shape and fancy getting one too

I am paying £24028.70 with metallic, aero & premium pack.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
I had a look at the new HRV today and I rather like it to the extent that I would buy one were I in the market.
I didn't like the shiny trim around the gear lever and parking brake area but it's no big deal.
What was a surprise was the estimated delivery date of next March/April but this was hinted at in one of the reviews. The UK HRV is made in Mexico which concentrates on the North American market so the right hand drive build for the UK comes down the pecking order.

Vic.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 10:14:45 AM »
Just been for a test drive in an ex cvt demonstrator and have to say WoW, it's superb and want one.
However the one I drove is not available until mid December as they have to keep the demo's for at least 90 days and a new one will not be available til Feb/March.
Price offered was £24375 inc metallic and 5 years servicing for the new one and £23490 inc met and servicing for the demo.
Wish I could find one for sale now. I don't want to wait.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:17:57 AM by stiggysawdust »
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
Just placed the order with Drive The Deal. Mid to the end of October delivery, so they say.

My local dealer who we bought the Jazz from and does all the servicing has not got back to me, and I grew tired of waiting.

I had some quotes from Carwow and all bar were not offering any discounts. The dealer that did offer a discount offered a 6.6% saving and that was JCB Ashford in Kent. Drive The Deal were still £583.30 cheaper.

Had a look at Drivethedeal but they are so vague about delivery and which dealership they would be using.
Have you had any definite details yet from them?

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 02:49:47 PM »

Had a look at Drivethedeal but they are so vague about delivery and which dealership they would be using.

Sorry for the late response.

I contacted the dealer on the 9th asking if he had any info and he got back to me a few days later saying he hasn't got a date and that he would find out and get back to me. He still hasn't got back to me so I sent him a prompt four days ago and I am still waiting.

Seeing as I was told that I would get delivery mid to late October and seeing as I am getting no joy from the dealer, I don't think I will see the car anytime soon. I would not have ordered one if I was not going to get one in October. I am considering contacting the dealer and asking for my deposit back.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »
Before I settled on the Demo car I rang round a few Dealers regarding delivery and they all confirmed 16 to 20 weeks, apart from one who said "Oh, there's the one you want on a boat due in December". Well. I'll bet there is, how convenient.

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 01:19:11 PM »

Sorry for the late response.

I contacted the dealer on the 9th asking if he had any info and he got back to me a few days later saying he hasn't got a date and that he would find out and get back to me. He still hasn't got back to me so I sent him a prompt four days ago and I am still waiting.

Seeing as I was told that I would get delivery mid to late October and seeing as I am getting no joy from the dealer, I don't think I will see the car anytime soon. I would not have ordered one if I was not going to get one in October. I am considering contacting the dealer and asking for my deposit back.

I am still waiting for a response from the dealer to my question dating back to the 9th October. I have just sent them another message stating that I am still waiting for an answer. They are seriously starting to peev me off now.

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 03:27:50 PM »
Finally received a call from the dealer, the guy who I was dealing with has left so that's why I've not had a response.
They said the car was probably not going to be available until the new year so I said if that was the case I wouldn't want it until March.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »
Long waiting times may persuade buyers to go else where.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »
Long waiting times may persuade buyers to go else where.

I'm sure some will go elsewhere, but I am so impressed with the HR-v, if I had not been able to buy a demonstrator I would have waited but would have waited for new reg.
After I had test drove the HR-v I then went to look at my next choice, the Nissan Juke and Qashqai, but in my opinion it is no contest.
46 days to go.

Tags: