Author Topic: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance  (Read 20556 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2024, 11:59:52 AM »
I just got a really good p/ex on my Crosstar and the dealership said it was just the type of car they wanted, I would try shopping somewhere else!

The next nearest Honda dealer is a fair distance from me and it’s part of the same franchise

When I drive the Yaris to compare I don’t expect the same treatment as I know the dealer very well and they have always been excellent

...All well and good but then you still have to put up with the boring looks and Toyota can't do a decent interior to saves their life!

If I changed from a Honda I don't think Toyota is where I'd be heading  :o

I agree, which is why I will be looking at the Renault Alpina... which in hindsight is what I should have waited for instead of the Jazz.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2024, 12:36:00 PM »
I would consider another make of car, unfortunately not a Renault though due to French unreliability, if there were hybrid alternatives to the Jazz and Yaris but there just isn’t

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2024, 03:35:47 PM »
I would consider another make of car, unfortunately not a Renault though due to French unreliability, if there were hybrid alternatives to the Jazz and Yaris but there just isn’t

I had 12 Renaults previous to the Jazz (my first Honda), and apart from a coil packing up on a Scenic, I never had any issues. My last 4 were a Clio and 3 Capturs. I wanted to try the Clio Alpina hybrid, which uses the same hybrid set up as the Jazz, but I couldn't get a test drive anywhere and the wait for one (test drive) was 6 months. That is when I decided to have a look at the Jazz. Have a look at the Clio Alpina reviews.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2024, 04:29:27 PM »
I agree, which is why I will be looking at the Renault Alpina... which in hindsight is what I should have waited for instead of the Jazz.

Do you regret buying the Jazz Nicksey?

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2024, 06:40:32 PM »
Until my jazz was taken off the road because of the mice damaged engine bay wiring loom -i was delighted by the 37,000 + miles of trouble free motoring ! The jazz drives really well and is a standout from the crowd design !! It’s disconcerting the time honda have taken to supply the replacement loom from japan… and the dealer us now replacing the AC condenser undet warrantry … originally my plan was to run tbe jazz for 7 or 8 years doing my 13-15k miles each year as i expect the hybrid tech to be properly developed and reliable.. its looking like daft things like mirror mechanisms and air con items failing  shouldn’t be happening-honda cars have had folding mirrors for years ! Hondas attitude to out of warrantry IMHO show they dont want to keep customers . However good the car is the balance is peace of mind with warrantry and good dealer service ! My dealer is excellent so hopefully when my jazz is back in a week or so it will be trouble free until its 3years old in sept !

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2024, 07:06:32 PM »
Until my jazz was taken off the road because of the mice damaged engine bay wiring loom -i was delighted by the 37,000 + miles of trouble free motoring ! The jazz drives really well and is a standout from the crowd design !! It’s disconcerting the time honda have taken to supply the replacement loom from japan… and the dealer us now replacing the AC condenser undet warrantry … originally my plan was to run tbe jazz for 7 or 8 years doing my 13-15k miles each year as i expect the hybrid tech to be properly developed and reliable.. its looking like daft things like mirror mechanisms and air con items failing  shouldn’t be happening-honda cars have had folding mirrors for years ! Hondas attitude to out of warrantry IMHO show they dont want to keep customers . However good the car is the balance is peace of mind with warrantry and good dealer service ! My dealer is excellent so hopefully when my jazz is back in a week or so it will be trouble free until its 3years old in sept !

I’m sorry to hear that you have had problems with your Jazz

At the moment here are the following reasons why I may not buy the Jazz:

1. The dealer where I had a test drive last week still hasn’t been in contact with me
2. Honda UK not recalling cars for the brake failure
3. Air con condenser leaks
4. Split seats
5. Door mirror motor failures
6. The extra cost of bringing the warranty period to anywhere near Toyota’s offering

It’s all really put me off the Jazz which is such a shame because I love the car in every other respect

I tend to own my cars for a long time so it has to be something that’s reliable and doesn’t need me to run to the dealer on a regular basis

From what I’ve read so far the Mk4 seems to be the most unreliable of all the Mk’s of Jazz
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 07:09:17 PM by ninanina »

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2024, 10:35:40 PM »
Really glad I got rid of my Honda and took delivery of a Renault Clio eSpirit Alpine.
The writing has been on the wall for a couple of years about Hondas reliability and disappointing customer service.
I had been purchasing hHonda cars since 1994. So it was a massive change to go to Renault

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2024, 10:41:12 PM »
Really glad I got rid of my Honda and took delivery of a Renault Clio eSpirit Alpine.
The writing has been on the wall for a couple of years about Hondas reliability and disappointing customer service.
I had been purchasing hHonda cars since 1994. So it was a massive change to go to Renault

Was it the Jazz that you owned NoelM?

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2024, 10:59:32 PM »

I had two Crosstars from new A 2021 that had EGR failure within 3 months of purchase. Then had 2022 model that was rejected within the first month of ownership due to noisy eCVT under no load on start up. Dealership had 4 brand new cars with the same issue.
Honda customer services were absolutely appalling.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2024, 11:14:53 PM »

I had two Crosstars from new A 2021 that had EGR failure within 3 months of purchase. Then had 2022 model that was rejected within the first month of ownership due to noisy eCVT under no load on start up. Dealership had 4 brand new cars with the same issue.
Honda customer services were absolutely appalling.

Gosh that’s absolutely awful NoelM  :(

I can see why you moved away from Honda

It is with a very heavy heart that you have made my mind up not to buy a Jazz

The Jazz is such a lovely car but I just couldn’t put up with having issues with it; I definitely don’t want to be running to my dealer every 5 minutes

BROC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 ZR-V Advance
« Reply #70 on: Today at 12:02:52 AM »
The Jazz and other Honda cars are not unique in having problems. If you check any car 'enthusiast' forum you will find owners reporting issues with their vehicles.

There are plenty of Yaris, Puma, VW ID 3,4, Qashqai problems well publicised on the Internet. Some are a lot more serious than the Jazz ones reported here(apart from the brake simulator).

My 2022 Jazz EX was fault free for the 2 years I owned it.

I am fortunate that I can afford to change my cars just before the manufacturers warranty expires.  There's too much electronics, software, not to mention plastic in modern car construction which affects their long term durability & reliability.  I doubt any cars made today will become the vintage or veteran cars of the future.

« Last Edit: Today at 12:04:58 AM by BROC »

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: Today at 12:24:57 AM »

Do you regret buying the Jazz Nicksey?

Yes, which is a great shame. I have had to have both mirror motors replaced, a screen washer nozzle and a delaminating windscreen too, albeit under warranty. The paintwork is not a patch on my previous Renaults either.
The drivetrain and smoothness of motor/electric/gearbox are excellent though, and the 20k I have completed have been economical and effortless. I like the space and comfort of the cabin too. I intended to keep this car for a long time, further than the 5 year warranty package and longer than any previous car I have owned... but I don't think it will be as reliable or as trustworthy as the previous MKs that Honda have built their reputation on.

Tags:

anything