Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Battery drain
« Last post by Hondawoz on March 22, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »
Yeah you're right, I'll get a new battery this week. The alternator must be working, I would think, as there is no battery light on as I drive. Is it right for the key to be removable in position 1 on the ignition? Every car I've ever had, has to be fully at position 0 first.. The fact that I have to push the ignition barrel in & it feels spring loaded, makes me believe it's intentional..
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: WTO rules?
« Last post by sparky Paul on March 22, 2019, 10:31:30 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/secret-cabinet-office-document-reveals-chaotic-planning-for-no-deal-brexit

You'll notice that this has been undermined by an unnamed "source". Easy isn't it?

I find The Guardian's reporting on Brexit generally pretty professional and objective.

When even the cabinet are split down the middle, this stuff is bound to get bubbled.
« Last post by zzaj on March 22, 2019, 10:27:06 PM »
And this one is for Jocko!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/brexit-uk-has-chance-to-rethink-the-whole-thing-say-eu-leaders

(Title in the link no way reflects the headline of the article or its content - but that's newspapers!)  ::)
« Last post by zzaj on March 22, 2019, 10:20:03 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/secret-cabinet-office-document-reveals-chaotic-planning-for-no-deal-brexit

You'll notice that this has been undermined by an unnamed "source". Easy isn't it?

I find The Guardian's reporting on Brexit generally pretty professional and objective. 
« Last post by sparky Paul on March 22, 2019, 10:19:38 PM »
It is the job of the politicians to act in the best interest of their constituents.
Is it? Or is it the job of politicians to act on the wishes of their constituents?

No, this is a representative democracy - we elect a representative to use their best judgement to act on our behalf.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Auxiliary idler pulley
« Last post by Jimster on March 22, 2019, 10:00:27 PM »
Or have a look on mister-auto,  the same skf bearing is 20

https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/drive-belt-idler-pulley/skf/vkm-63002/

« Last post by d2d4j on March 22, 2019, 09:38:48 PM »
Hi

A client of ours made a statement which thinking about it, and given above post, would bring the uk to a stop if implemented by all

His statement was if uk does not leave, to stop paying tax until such time uk left eu

He did say it would have to be the majority of the vote leavers as it would be impossible to take them to court

Many thanks

John
« Last post by Jocko on March 22, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
I'd opt for a new battery. Two years SORN and the battery is definitely suspect.
« Last post by zzaj on March 22, 2019, 09:30:13 PM »
Hi

I do not understand where the option to revoke article 50 has come from

Been stated so often in the news/television or radio does not make it true

If article 50 is revoked, then that is a slap in the face to all voters (for and against) who voted

I do not fully understand why a lot of people are scared of no deal.

So it has to be deal or no deal and no other options and if I was in charge, no extensions and no exceptions, so we should keep the old deadline date of March 29.

Many thanks

John

The UK is being subjected to an aggressive form of physiological warfare by EU. Don't laugh - it has been used in many wars to undermine the morale of the opposing side and is a pretty common military tactic. I could give you lots of examples over the years.

The Revoke campaign has suddenly popped up to again undermine confidence in the authorities. Then there is the referendum campaign to undermine confidence in the voting system.

There has been a lot of that undermining going on. TM?

Where in Greece they had street riots, (I expect we'll have some over the next few days - those hard right extremists, you know), here they have used the media some of which has been very supportive of their cause, e.g. BBC and Sky News, to create disruption and fear.

The objective is to undermine morale in the population - and their two week extension only gives them more opportunity. It would be naive to think that just the Russians do these things.

It is pretty normal stuff.

I would not be in the slightest surprised if we leave on 29 March as planned.

Remember that the UK Government has to be able to minimise civil unrest which, if the announcement was made too early, could well break out. Remember too that all plans are in place. No harm in having people let off (harmless) steam in the meantime and keep planing to bring that deal back time and again (or not) to keep everyone occupied. Good distraction exercise.

We, the people, will be the last to hear! We do not know what is really going on - papers have to fill their pages, TV screens have to be filled, the EU feeds them stories and even the vocabulary. That's why you should not believe everything you read. If you do, you'll get very confused or worn down (as many people are).

Nothing, so far, has changed - actually.

The state, even in a democracy, is very, very powerful. :-X

« Last post by Hondawoz on March 22, 2019, 09:26:49 PM »
Thank you folks.. A lot of helpful people out there. I think Jocko could be onto something.. I can take the key out of the barrel in the 2nd position & I assumed this was shutting everything down... but it left the clock lcd on.  I re-tried the key in the barrel & it looks like to the key out at the off position, the barrel has to be pressed in & then turned anti clockwise... (never had that on a car before) Is there enough systems running when the key is in the aux position to drain the battery.. Can't imagine just an lcd screen doing that. Granted, as mentioned, the battery won't be in the best nick after 2 years sorn... Well, I really like the car anyway. It's black, 53k on the clock. Reams of service history, one lady owner, bought privately from her son after she finished driving... & got it for 1600... Ticks over like it's stalled, it's that quiet.. I hope this solves the mystery battery draining... I'll let ya'll know. Thank you again guys..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything