Poll

If your Jazz suffers from CVT judder, please tells us what year the car was registered

11 (6%)
35 (19%)
25 (13.6%)
32 (17.4%)
35 (19%)
21 (11.4%)
25 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Mk1 CVT judder  (Read 246233 times)

Berisford

• Approved Member
Re: Mk1 CVT judder
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »
Anyone had a repeat of the problem since being 'filled' with the new oil?

16,000 miles and my judder is back!

guest1461

• Topic Starter
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
Take it back to the dealer as it will need a new starter clutch pack which is inside the gearbox, if the judder has come back and it is still in the 7 year extended warrenty.

Berisford

• Approved Member
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »
Good plan, I'm coming up for a MOT and service plus the switch recall, however, problem is the dealer that did the CVT oil change has gone, we have some new guys in town.

I've no doubt the oil change will show on the Honda records but I see trouble ahead, Honda service departments are so easy to fall out with.  >:(

guest1461

• Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »
Yes they will be able find out from honda any warrenty work that has been done on your car as it has to be agreed by honda in order to carry out the work.

guest1268

• Topic Starter
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »
Just a further update on my mum's '04' plate honda Jazz, after the transmission oil was changed under warranty back in March of this year, the vibrations stopped once it was carried out.  However, the vibrations started to come back after a few months, and my mum has put up with it up until now without telling me. 
I borrowed the car whilst she was away on holiday, and the vibrations was more than twice as bad now, it would vibrate between 10-20mph under accelleration, so I went back to Honda to see if they would honour the extended 7 years warranty on the CVT transmission, as the car was on an '04' plate and had only covered 40k miles.  The guy behind the service desk knew immediately what I was on about, he sent an engineer to testdrive the Jazz to confirm it - all he did was do a brisk pull off in the car park, then parked it up! - and he said yes, that's a common problem, we will order the part for you to get it repaired asap.

So now waiting for the call for the parts to arrive so I can take the Honda Jazz to be fixed.

valleyjazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »
our 2004 Jazz developed the judder after 65000 miles, rang one local dealer
and they offered to flush the cvt out for £98 +vat, rang another and advised probably
needed a flush and should be covered under warranty, needles to say we took up this offer.
Took car in and they performed the flush under warranty.All now sweetness and light
Strange the different level of service offered by official Honda

Fido

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 48mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz ES+I-VTEC CVT
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »
I have a 2005 model which had this problem. I was told that my warranty covered a period of 7 years for this issue. The fluid was replaced twice after flushing. The judder returned again. Finally in September 2010 the CVT starter clutch was replaced to resolve the problem completely. No problems since. The car has now done 50,000 miles.

Total cost £457.40

Covered by warranty!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:20:18 PM by Fido »

guest1895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »
hi
  my wife owns a 2006 1.2 and straight away i noticed the steering was "not right" when we bought it. As i myself dont drive the car daily my wife was happy to get on with enjoying the car. The car had 6000 miles on the clock and now has 13000 and the problem still exists.
    i have decided after someone at work had the same problem that i should approach Honda to have it reviewed..i have a few questions before i do and would appreciate any pointers from forum users to aid my attempt:

1. what if they tell me its "normal" ?
2. what if they say " its my fault " ?
3. we have no warranty left and as i am 100 % sure its a manufacture problem can they insist i pay for repair?

guest1461

• Topic Starter
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »
First of all what is the fault you are getting.

Rbz5416

• Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:19 AM »
A quick note of thanks as the missus' 7 year 11 month old '04 1.4 SE CVT is booked in on Thursday to have the gearbox flushed & fluid replaced courtesy of Honda.

Year added to the poll.

Ramage

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz 1.4i-DSi Sport CVT Sirirus Blue
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
I noticed the dreaded judder on the first day I had my (new to me) 56 plate Jazz.

I phoned the dealers and complained, they took it in and flushed the CVT.  No problem since, but if it re-occurs I will be after them for a replacement transmission...

guest2748

• Topic Starter
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »
Hello,

I am a 2003 Jazz owner that is rather unhappy with the way my formerly trouble free car is now acting. I stumbled across this forum when I discovered that the CVT transmission problems I am having are a known problem, and yet I am 1 year out of warranty. I am here to seek help/advice and support as I am going to challenge this legally. My car only has 45K on it and since this problem does not seem to arise till then, Honda seem to be screwing all the low mileage drivers. Hope anyone that has any info helpful to me will lend a hand.

:)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
So what exactly is the problem with the car??

guest2748

• Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 05:39:54 PM »
Hi Ozzie,

When I pull out, the car initially lags and (to my ear) makes that sound cars make when they are in too high of a gear. Since before this car I had been driving a manual with a much larger engine, I just assumed that it was just sluggish on the takeoff because it was a 1.4. I think it's called "juddering"?

I purchased the car in 2005 with 11K on it and not sure when I first noticed it, but in retrospect it has been getting progressively worse for at least a year. It's MOT time, and when I took my car to my mechanic, he told me I should take it to the Honda dealer since he does not work on automatic trannies.

I took it to Chiswick Honda and they flushed the box and put in new fluid. They tried to blame it on my mechanic since I did not choose them for my service needs, but a quick phone call to him confirmed that he had not used the wrong fluid. As I was waiting I googled 2003 Jazz transmission problems and surprise surprise, this is a known problem to Honda.

Unfortunately when I called Honda customer service they informed me that I am one year out of warranty. But because the anecdotal evidence points to this problem not really surfacing till just shy of 50K miles, I am planning to challenge them legally. This problem is not due to poor or wrong servicing, driving habits or misuse, but is a design flaw that they know about. To penalise the low mileage drivers for not getting to the problem fast enough is wrong IMHO.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has had this problem and how it worked out for you. I really don't want to have to pay £1300 just because I live closer to work than the next guy!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »
Good luck.

I will keep watching this one.

Oz ::)

Tags: