Author Topic: Oil price drops to $76 - what are we all paying for Petrol @ 14th November?  (Read 4772 times)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Remember those heady days of petrol for 4s and 8d per gallon I know I do.
Well with the price of oil dropping from the $147 mark to $76 today what about a quick survey on the cost of fuel from your local garage supermarket?
Unleaded
Shell 103.p in Southport / Liverpool was 106p at the weekend.

where will be the 1st area to go sub £1 p litre I reckon South Wales or NW England
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:35:09 PM by olduser1 »

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member

Today 14th Nov very latest prices most of the garages are selling u/l at 92.9p litre the Shell has a queue most of the day but with the oil price nudging $50 who knows what we will be paying in the New Year... but the OPEC people are going to try to reduce the extraction rate.
If Mr Darling want to boost the Uk economy why not freeze the price of fuel [esp diesel] for 18 months a simple improvement as revenues are down anyhow with overall miles travelled in Uk at present. maybe too easy?

prices 21st October Southport Morrisons now 97.9p unleaded, shell and Esso have followed suite whilst driving thru Liverpool earlier today.

Most Unleaded is now 94.9p at supermarkets + ESSO @ 25/26th October

However I estimate with the price at just $67 the fule in UK should be well below 93p

However the OPEC meeting nest month [November] is scheduled to reduce output and thereby raise the cost of fuel,

so how come the OIL & Gas Suppliers in UK most of which are EU owned haven't yet reduced fuel bills ??

lets not even go there, as the cost for our neighbours on mainland Europe are controlled....

So fill up and keep smiling in your Jazz
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:24:02 AM by olduser1 »

guest238

96.9p at tesco in Addlestone, Surrey.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Oil price drops to $76 - what are we all paying for Petrol @ 14th October?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »
94.9p at Sainsbury's Hampden Park, Eastbourne, East Sussex.

With a 5p off voucher I got when shopping, 35 litres of unleaded cost £32 - the cheapest fill up since March 2006! 8)

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Well the local garages Shell & Supermarkets are all at 90.0p for unleaded this weekend, what with the VAT coming down by 2.5p in £1.00 how will we cope?
Looking back over the fuel prices and when oil was $48 that was just acouple of years ago in  2005 when unleaded was 79.9p per litre. So what are they petrol companies in UK waiting for ? Come on Morrisons you can gain more volume sales over the next 6 weeks.
OPEC have already met earlier this month to reduce the amount taken out of the ground.

Remember the quickest way to reduce fuel costs is for each of us to stop driving on an agreed day/date easy I think not in UK.

Roll on the sub 80p per litre - I may go back to running a Subaru Turbo if that happens.....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:40:34 PM by olduser1 »

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Now that we are less VAt but more Fuel taxed the Shell garages here on Merseyside are full of cars q'ing for unleaded @ 88.9p as at 1st Dec.
still nowhere near the 79p it should be - based upon oil price + the drop in £ to $ rate

anyone filled up for less???

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Oil price jumps to $45 - what are we all paying for Petrol @ 11th December
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »
Yes the Shell garages are selling at 87.9p p litre u/leaded to compete with Morrisons Supermarkets@11th Dec 2008
And diesel is a snip at 99.9p

with the oild producers ready to reduce another load we ca only hope for none OPEC = 60% of oil brought out of the ground to keep fuel affordable.
Roll on the 70p per litre

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Oil price drops to $45 - what are we all paying for Petrol @ 12th December
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »
Even better news @12th december the Shell & Morisson are selling un/leaded at 86.9p  and diesel at 98.9p
Roll on the new year and that Subaru is looking more afforable
How are your local garages responding ?

Well into the New Year the un/leaded is now 82.9p at Tesco's and have heard of some garages selling it for 79.9p down in Northamptonshire......
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:19:44 PM by olduser1 »

Tags:

anything