Poll

What other car(s) did you/would you consider?

Chevrolet Avero/Kalos
0 (0%)
Citroen C2/C3/C3 Picasso
1 (3.2%)
Daihatsu Siron
0 (0%)
Fiat Punto/Grande Punto
0 (0%)
Ford Fiesta
3 (9.7%)
Ford Fusion
1 (3.2%)
Hyundai Getz
1 (3.2%)
Kia Rio/Soul
0 (0%)
Mazda2
3 (9.7%)
Mitsubishi Colt
0 (0%)
Nissan Micra
2 (6.5%)
Nissan Note
4 (12.9%)
Peugeot 206
0 (0%)
Peugeot 207
1 (3.2%)
Peugeot 1007
0 (0%)
Renault Clio
0 (0%)
Renault Modus
0 (0%)
Seat Ibiza
1 (3.2%)
Skoda Fabia
1 (3.2%)
Skoda Roomster
2 (6.5%)
Suzuki Swift
2 (6.5%)
Toyota Yaris
3 (9.7%)
Vauxhall Corsa
0 (0%)
Vauxhall Meriva
1 (3.2%)
VW Polo
2 (6.5%)
Other
2 (6.5%)
Hyundai i20
0 (0%)
Alfa Romeo MiTo
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: What other car(s) did you/would you consider?  (Read 3573 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
What other car(s) did you/would you consider?
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:26:11 PM »
What other cars did you consider before picking the Jazz? Or if you're still undecided, what other models are you looking at? Feel free to elaborate on the pro's and con's of various models next to the Jazz.

Multiple choice allowed.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: What other car(s) did you/would you consider?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »
The Suzuki Swift was the main alternative until I found the dealer in Eastbourne had closed. The next nearest dealers are in Tunbridge Wells and Brighton, both at least 25miles away (too far!).

I did think about the Mazda2 but ruled out (after my Civic experience) getting another new model in its first year of production.

Kia C'eed was ruled out for both reasons.

guest238

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
The wife tried to talk me into test driving the Meriva seeing her folks always had Vauxhalls from the same dealer. Personally, I hate Vauxhall's and I would rather be trapped in a lift with Richard Littlejohn and Abu 'Dr Hook' Hamza then drive a Vauxhall.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »
I wanted a small full automatic so choice was limited.

I like the Polo for its ride but a relative has an older model Polo and given the problems they have had with it, it put me off a VW.

Daihatsui Sirion was a surprise find.  It's sold as a Toyota in Japan.  The nearest dealer was a bit too far away though.  So much car for so little money.  Residual value was the only other issue.

2008 Mercedes A150 SE classic with CVT auto was very nice.  If you hate the firm ride of the Jazz, then you will luv the A class.  It feels like a bigger car and interior feels more upmarket too.  But way too expensive to buy brand new.  6-12mth examples seem to be quite cheap.  Cost of MB servicing and reliability of the ZF cvt box were the only reservations.

2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »
We had our heart set on getting the Mazda2 Tamura Special Edition but when we went to speak to the salesman who sold us the (wife's) Mazda6, he just wasnt playing ball  ::)

The RRP for the 2 was £10,775 and that is what he wanted.  He wouldnt give me any sort of discount even though i would be buying the car outright.

So my missus suggested going to Honda to look at the Jazz and I only test drove the 1.2 but was really impressed with it and never looked back  8)

Gary

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »
At last years Motorshow I sat in most of the competitors to the Jazz and none really had enough space or matched the Jazz for build quality. I decided then that to wait for the new Jazz. The Fiesta and Mazda 2 were far too small inside when down sizing from a Peugeot 307. The Jazz seems to have enough space though!

Tags: