Author Topic: 07 tailgate  (Read 1649 times)

guest7569

07 tailgate
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
Can anyone help 
Need to replace my tailgate as it was damaged
Have got a second hand one but where the wires come through
The bodywork to the tailgate they have just been cut.
Is there a block connector in the tailgate or car body you have to
Disconnect before you can remove the tailgate am sure there is hiding somewhere 

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: 07 tailgate
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 11:35:18 AM »
I've no experience with the Jazz specifically, but I have replaced a few tailgates.

Usually, the best method is to remove the internal trims from both tailgates, then disconnect all the connectors and unclip and remove the wiring loom and washer pipe from the damaged tailgate, leaving it dangling from the back of the car. Once the old one is free to unbolt, swap the tailgates over - you will need an assistant. Then, use the chopped off loom as a guide to refit the loom from the car to the new tailgate, check that everything works, and replace the internal trim.

There may or may not be a connector in the rear body behind the trim, but if the loom on the new tailgate has been chopped, then the above is really the only option. There's not that much wiring to the tailgate, and as everything is on connectors, it's easier than it first appears.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:40:19 AM by sparky Paul »

guest7569

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 03:02:37 PM »
Hi Sparky Paul thanks for your comments
Yes the wires have been cut between the main body and tailgate
The connecting plug is in the main car body but am having trouble
Finding it and the trim doesn’t want to come off very easily
Not sure how much trim needs to be removed to find it !!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 06:24:20 PM »
As Paul says, I wouldn't worry about finding the plug. Just remove the wiring from the old door and leave it dangling. Once you swap the doors over reconnect the wiring on the new door, replacing that which is already there. Much easier than trying to connect wiring to the cut wires.

arion

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2003
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 07:36:56 PM »
Hi!

I have to replace my broken taikgate with a second hand one. The new one has the wiring harness comming out on the right side, while the old one is on the left. The seller told me, that the two are compatible, only the new one is a UK version and the old one is japanese. Can somebody explain me how to change the direction of the wires on the top of the tailgate ?
Thanks_arion

Tags:

anything