Author Topic: Alpine/HERE map and traffic data  (Read 561 times)

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
Alpine/HERE map and traffic data
« on: Today at 09:17:16 AM »
One of the much-discussed issues with the built-in satnav is the lack of traffic data. I have noticed traffic data being mentioned in the advertising of new Honda cars, my car is less than 6 months old but there is no traffic data although there are parameters to switch it on or off in the satnav system. I note that in the Honda configurator for new cars, in the satnav specification it says:

Honda Connect Navigation System will be replaced by Alpine/HERE map data (with live traffic)

This could mean several things:

1) At some point cars will be shipped with revised hardware based on this system

2) There will be a software update (at some point) to enable use of this data on at least more recent Honda Connect devices

3) Once the data is available to Honda cars it will just be a case of switching traffic data on

Having read up a bit more about HERE maps/traffic they are transmitted via free to air DAB signal so no mobile phone connection is required.

Does anyone have further info on this, eg when it's likely to be available?

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
Re: Alpine/HERE map and traffic data
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:53:44 AM »
Be nice wouldn’t here, I know google maps etc do the job but for a company like Honda to not already have it is pretty dire for a huge company.

Even if it cost me £20 a year id be happy, at the moment their map system is pathetic.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Alpine/HERE map and traffic data
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:22:42 PM »
I thought the latest 'Here' based units allow you to connect your smartphone for 'Internet Traffic'

IIRC there is no native traffic
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: