Author Topic: Stop/start switch  (Read 1876 times)

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Stop/start switch
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 05:44:37 PM »
This is an old post I found that turned out to be a faulty start button in that case Honda paid 50% of the cost.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11239.msg72999#msg72999

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Stop/start switch
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »
As I said earlier take all the safety kit out and put a big spike in centre of steering wheel.... it that doesn't make for more careful driving nothing will  :o
That, unfortunately, provides no protection against the idiot coming in the opposite direction on the wrong side of the road unless you ensure that there's also a big spike in the middle of their steering wheel.

Every vehicle would get the spike, the average speed would drop and the standard of driving would rise.... Modern ultra-safe fugboxes give people a sense that they are totally invulnerable and will not get hurt in a collision, this leads to them driving too fast and taking risks.  People who advocate raising speed limits on motorways always argue that modern cars are safer than older ones, that is true but I doubt the drivers are. Most cars travel at well over 70 on the motorway now anyway,  there is a theory that 10% +2 is used by the Police and it is OK to do 80 anyway, so raising the speed limit to 80 would result in cars traveling at 90 anyway - the consequences of an 80 or 90mph collision are far worse than a 70mph one,  and electric cars range drops massively at over 60mph ( count on 60% of claimed range when doing 70+ on a motorway ),  and ICE cars use a lot more fuel at 80 or 90 than they do at  60 or 70.   
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: