Author Topic: Anyone thinking of getting a bluetooth car kit?  (Read 6759 times)

guest910

Anyone thinking of getting a bluetooth car kit?
« on: July 01, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
Just got a Parrot MKI9200 fitted by these guys

Came to work, fitted within the hour. Quick demo and no mess or drilling. Screen is to the right of the wheel by the little window and all the connectors go in the glove box.

Great little bit of kit, 2 year warrenty using the above company. Has its own amp, but sounds fine in the Jazz and the other options apart from the phone are really good. Ipod, USB or phono. Mine has been well tested and for £200 fitted I am well impressed.

Just thought I would share if anyone else was in the market. Here some images from google

guest1272

• Topic Starter
Re: Anyone thinking of getting a bluetooth car kit?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »
Yep, I was looking at getting some BT action in the car  :D.

My options were:
1 Honda factory fitted BT system - Too expensive @ £290
2 3rd party handsfree earpice for phone - cheap but don't like having to wear those for long periods
3 Replace stock HU with one with BT functionailty - Expensive and no guarantee it would be "better" than a standalone unit (plus, the Alpine's I was looking at had Parrot tech anyway) - plus, I like the stock dash  ;)
4 Get a Parrot handsfree solution - what I did

I opted for the minikit slim. Yes, not as "integrated" as the other parrot products but I have an iphone and this had a few pluses - namely that it syncs contacts seamlessly with it, has it's own voice tags and the voice quality is excellent. I also like the fact that it's unobtrusive (on the sun visor) and I can remove it from the car into any other one.
Costs £50 from Amazon ....not delivered yet (but then, neither is my car  ;))

EDIT: Recieved mine today after all (late post  ;)):

VERY easy to set up. However, I made a mistake in trying to update it when it already had the latest v1.25 firmware. This resulted in being unable to record voice tags, nor use the voice dialling nor to even successfully do a firmware re-update (win 7 x64 not supported at all and the connection kept getting dropped this time round on OS X).
I ended up having to do a memory reset and starting again from scratch (hold red an green buttons down together).
This time round, everything worked fine, so the long and the short of it is that if you buy one today, it'll work correctly out of the box  ;D (don't bother trying to update the software as it's already at 1.25).
Voice is crisp and clear, callers say I sound crisp and clear too and it's unobtrusive and very svelte  :).
All functions are handled by the red/green buttons and the large rotary dial in the centre (which is nice and tactile). Best of all, when you get rung, it will speak the caller's name to you......overall brilliant piece of kit that I'm very happy with  :D

ThomP

• Approved Member
Re: Anyone thinking of getting a bluetooth car kit?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »
I got a Parrot 3200 LS. It was installed by the dealer. I can't say I'm too pleased with neither the dealer's handling nor the unit itself:

1) The dealer didn't even mention that there was a factory-fitted option when I asked about Bluetooth!
2) They drilled a hole in the panel to fit the display - and they didn't put it where I wanted it :(
3) Support for my Nokia E52 is only partial - if I use voice recognition it disconnects. Even though the phone is listed as supported I was told by customer support that they won't fix it - I should just use manual dialing or the phone book... ::)

My next hands-free will definetely not be a Parrot  :'(
Storm Silver Metallic rules:)

Tags:

anything