Author Topic: Why didnt i buy an honda years ago?  (Read 4153 times)

guest6963

Why didnt i buy an honda years ago?
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:50:20 PM »
Never had  an honda till now... i just keep asking myself why?!?  :o

I'm 47 and just got a 1.4l jazz 2010 and i love it. my only regret is not getting the automatic which im used to...

guest6425

• Topic Starter
Re: Why didnt i buy an honda years ago?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:37:52 AM »
The manual has a really nice gear change, plus the autos are either CVT or iShift, which may not be to your taste either, the clutch is nice and light too, I think it's probably the nicest gearchange I've had on any car.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »
I'm on my 4th Honda - 2 Civics and 2 Jazzes. In between the 2 Civics I bought a Golf 1.9 TDI. Big mistake - lovely car to drive but cost me £3,000 in repairs in less than 3 years on top of servicing and consumables.

I now have brand loyalty although I wish they hadn't discontinued the Jazz Hybrid - I think they need to get in the game as far as more alternative powered vehicles are concerned.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:18:23 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

What car did your Jazz replace?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
I now have brand loyalty although I wish they hadn't discontinued the Jazz Hybrid - I think they need to get in the game as far as more alternative powered vehicles are concerned.

The last Hybrid IMA wasn't really as good as it could have been, I think the acronym is testament to this - Integrated Motor Assist rather than a true split mode power unit.  The electric pancake motor was connected to the combustion engine so always had to turn it, and the efficiency was not much greater than the petrol unit.  Smooth and brisk acceleration were highlights though.

The new model hybrid in other territories with the i-DCD dual clutch 7 speed gearbox does seem to be well received.  The motor  is directly connected to the 1-3-5-7 input shaft, which means that moving from standstill is nearly always electric, the IC engine is fully decoupled and can be bump started when needed, and the twin clutch set up allows the power to be blended from both sources.

If you live in California you can lease a FCV Clarity, although it will likely cost more overall for the term than a conventional A6 or 520.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 02:59:04 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

All my cars to date have all been Japanese.

My missus had a few non- jap; Citroen, Ford, Renault , and they have been nothing but problems after problems after problems.

Granted some of our Japanese ones had problems, but they were all fixed by the garages at no cost

guest6963

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 04:50:41 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

What car did your Jazz replace?

Thanks!  Car before this... Ford Fusion durashift  :-[ worst car I've ever had. Car before that Suzuki ignis. Most reliable car I had it 13 years.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Welcome. My Jazz is my first "Jap Crap" as they were once known. And I love it. Like you I swapped from an Auto to a Manual (first manual since 1991) and I soon got used to it, though I miss the Auto when I am stuck in slow moving, stop go, traffic.

Tags: