Author Topic: gear change 2012 honda jazz vibe s 1.5 lt 5 sp auto  (Read 1644 times)

guest6295

gear change 2012 honda jazz vibe s 1.5 lt 5 sp auto
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:13:58 AM »
Can anyone provide me with data to show when the transmission will shift into 4th gear in s mode without touching the paddles . I have requested this data from the Honda dealership i bought the car from & Honda Australia who have both refused. The owners manual states the trans will  shift from 1st through to 4th gear to prevent the trans from cycling between 4th & 5th gear in stop start traffic.I have driven a couple of this particular model & neither one would shift into 4th within the maximum speed limit in most States in Australia. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers Paul

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: gear change 2012 honda jazz vibe s 1.5 lt 5 sp auto
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »
Most of the UK members on this forum have the smaller engine and the CVT rather than the iShift, plus regional set up may make comparison with AUS models difficult - sorry.

In general terms it won't always shift at the exact same speed/revs combination every time, engine load & throttle demand will be factors, although I would expect it to hit top gear quite easily particularly at high speed cruise.
--
TG

guest6295

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply,i will keep looking elsewhere.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
Sorry, paulco, this will not help you but is a question for members.
One of the gripes here in the UK is the non availability of the 1.5 engine fitted with an AUTO box. This is despite cars fitted with this configuration for South Africa are being ( or were ) built alongside the British models at Swindon.
What Australia has I do not know or even were they are produced so it could be that Australian Jazz is fitted with a CVT, however, I thought the CVT was either a 6 or 7 'speed' box.
Is it possible paulco that you have a straight torque convertor auto box transmission? My old Rover auto was a Jatco 5 speed auto built by the Japanese Auto Company as far as I know in Japan. Their steptronic box was used in as well as Rover by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar, Ford  and a few others
As I say this is a general question, no help to the original post.
If this lot don't know the answer I will be surprised.

Tags:

anything