Author Topic: Headlight Warning  (Read 3085 times)

rfairbairn

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk3 Reg 2016
Headlight Warning
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:09 AM »
Hi

I just picked up my new Jazz SE from a dealership in Edinburgh on Sunday, I love the car, but I am a bit confused by how the warning noise works when you exit the car and leave the lights on.

I have noticed, if the headlights switch on themself on in automode, and I forget about them when I park, turn off the ignition, remove the key and open the door, I'm not getting a warning noise.

When I manually turn on the lights, and then turn off the ignition, remove the key and open the door, I'm AM getting a warning noise.

I am concerned that I will leave the lights on and not get a warning when I exit the car.

I previously drove a Jazz MK 2, and am used to getting the warning, of course it never had auto lights.

I've looked at the manual, and it says I should get a warning noise, Any help would be appreciated

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Headlight Warning
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
The automatic lights will turn themselves off, so no warning, the manual lights need to be turned off, so a warning is sounded.
There has been some debate as to how long it takes the auto lights to turn off, but the thing is that they do.
Enjoy your new car. :-)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:46 AM »
If the lights are manually turned on then, as you have discovered, you get a warning when you leave the car because the lights will stay on either until turned off or the battery is flat. The car assumes that you have left the lights on because you want to. I would just leave the headlights on auto. They are over-sensitive (at least mine are) so I've never had the need to manually put the headlights on.

By default, the auto headlights will stay on for a short period when you stop (the idea being to provide extra illumination when you leave the car) and will then automatically turn off (hence no warning) but there is an option in the settings (on the multi-function display) to change the time delay before the lights go off. Or you can manually turn them off with the switch (which won't stay in the off position) when you stop.

I would add that the auto main beam function works quite well although not quite up to the standard of a good human when confronted by twisty roads.

Auto idle stop is something else to understand.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

rfairbairn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk3 Reg 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:19:17 AM »
Thanks guys, thats really helpful.

I must say the main reason I changed to a MK 3 from a 2 was the all the tech. My MK2 was great and only 3 years old. I do agree with others, I work in IT, and there is a lot to take in with with the electronic console and the design of the sequence in how it works, isnt intuative. That said if the MK3 didnt have this type of thing, I would have looked elsewhere when I came to change car.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:01 PM »
Remember the software contains an element of inscrutible Asian logic where the boss (ie the car in this case) is always right even when he's wrong.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything