Author Topic: New member  (Read 5858 times)

Graham Dicker

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 CVT 2016
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »
Hello, I'm Graham. I have a Jazz 1.3 CVT bought in December last year.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:54:08 PM »
Welcome.  :)
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:08:19 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Graham Dicker

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:06:27 PM »
Thank you for your welcome messages. I am very glad this site exists as (although I like the car very much) there are puzzling design decisions and little niggles that I could do with some help to understand and work around. I live in Nottingham. I believe this site is strongly UK focussed - is that right?

guest5589

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 11:42:27 PM »
It will be interesting to hear what these niggles are. do shed some light.
A lot members are from UK but we have quite a few international ones on as well.

Graham Dicker

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 03:52:40 PM »
OK here are most of my niggles. Some have already been discussed in the forums.

My first attempt to access stuff in the boot resulted in a cut to my forehead from the sharp edge of the parcel shelf. I have put a length of polystyrene pipe insulation on it. Not on my forehead, on the edge of the parcel shelf. :-)
Cruise control. On my Accord when I held my finger on the accelerate button, the car would begin to accelerate. When I reached the desired speed (as indicated on the speedometer, there was no digital readout) I would let go of the button and the car would continue at the set speed. On the Jazz, if I hold down the accelerate button the digital readout goes whizzing up far ahead of the actual speed of the car. It would be much better (safer) for the digital setting to increase at the same rate as the car.
The integration between the buttons on the left of the steering wheel for audio and phone and the screen displays seem poor to me. I don't think it is possible for example to turn RDS traffic announcements on or off using the buttons and it would be very useful to be able to do that. As it is, I have to park up and fiddle with the screen interface to turn RDS on and off.
Headlight behaviour. This has been well covered in the forum I think.
Dip stick difficult to read. This has also been discussed already I think.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:51:37 PM by Graham Dicker »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »
My first attempt to access stuff in the boot resulted in a cut to my forehead from the sharp edge of the parcel shelf. I have put a length of polystyrene pipe insulation on it. Not on my forehead, on the edge of the parcel shelf. :-)
I've just checked this on my Mk 3 because I hadn't encountered this hazard. I see what you mean - there is a squarish edge to the cover. I would have thought that a few minutes with some sandpaper would round it off although it will still be a hard edge. Some self-adhesive black foam tape would soften it.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »
Welcome Graham, you must be a tall one?
I like the thought of the pipe insulation stuck to your head, had a good smile at that. :-)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Graham Dicker

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
Welcome Graham, you must be a tall one?
No, I'm only 5' 6". In the gloom of a December evening shortly after buying the car, when I bent forward to pick up something from the boot, the grey parcel shelf was well camouflaged and I gave the edge of it a perfect Glasgow kiss. But my delicate bonce was the worse for it. It was at least a good opportunity to try out some advanced cursing.

Graham Dicker

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 10:41:10 PM »
On the Jazz, if I hold down the accelerate button the digital readout goes whizzing up far ahead of the actual speed of the car.
I just realised today (14th May) that holding down the +/- buttons for about 1 second makes the speed jump to the next (up or down) nearest 10 mph. Now I understand it's behaviour, it's actually quite useful.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:43:13 PM by Graham Dicker »

Tags:

anything