Author Topic: My Honda Jazz  (Read 6971 times)

guest5924

My Honda Jazz
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »
Hi All
          I have had my mark three Jazz for four weeks ,this is my first Honda car I have had Honda motor bikes and
    they where very good .the car is even better I have the S E with the C V T this is my first auto and I love it .It will
   have it first good run this weekend North Wales to Yorkshire so I am looking forward to seen how it go s on the
 motorway .One small problem I have had is with the windscreen steaming up when the car is parked up has any
  other member had this with there Jazz? .  K L J

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: My Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »
Welcome to the club.  :)

A quick blast of the air conditioning will clear the windows. The A/C dehumidifies the air which goes through it.

Your Jazz will cruise at 70mph on the flat with the engine running quietly at a little over 2,000 prm.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5924

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:09:27 PM »
Thanks John
                       I should have said my Jazz is Tinted Silver and I will let you all know how we get on .Keith

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »
With reference to the windows steaming up when parked.
Make sure that the incoming air is selected to 'external' and not permanently selected to 'recirculate'. If it is the humidity in the car just gets higher all the time.
I suggest that the air con is left on all the time in modern cars. The effect on fuel consumption and performance is very little but the benefits are worth having, such as a comfortable interior and no noise from open windows, which definitely affects fuel consumption.

Vic.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:43:58 PM »
If the pollen filter is clogged it remains damp and doesn't help with keeping the windows clear. Honda recommend changing the pollen filter at every service, every 12500 miles or once a year. I get mine changed every 25000 miles, in my case every 6 months, but I can tell when its changed.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »
Windows misting up inside when parked suggests that it was parked on a relatively humid day, and then the external temperature dropped - one of the weather forecasters cold fronts perhaps. Any car would do that, unless it was double-glazed!

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »
From new, (late May '15), my car windows seemed to mist, readily.

I have left my climate control constantly on Auto, for the past few weeks. Because of the misting, when parked.

Somehow, it knows the screen is misted!

Start engine, on entering the car. The condensation is gone when I am belted in, and ready to drive away.

Clever little Honda.......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 09:41:27 AM »
Air holds moisture.  The hotter the air is then the more moisture it can hold.  When air cools down it will reach the point where it cant hold any more moisture, i.e. it is 100% capacity (Known as 100% Relative Humidity).  It will get to this state when it comes into contact with a cold surface (such as the windscreen), at which point some of the moisture condenses.

When air passes through the air conditioning unit it cools down, reaches 100% RH, and sheds water, hence the pool you sometimes see under the car.  On entering the warmer car, it heats up and can then hold more moisture, hence the condensation on the screen is absorbed.

So with the air conditioning on you are effectively bringing dryer air into the car.

Vic also has a good point.  You breath out well over a pint of water each day so if it is recirculating the air instead of bringing in fresh air you will leave the car with damp air in it when you park.  The alternative is not to breath  :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:29:04 AM by ColinS »

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
If the pollen filter is clogged it remains damp and doesn't help with keeping the windows clear
+1
My car lives on the street, so the cabin filter gets quite dirty, there is often bits of old leaf and other debris in there, so it gets tapped out / vacuumed / replaced quite often.
If we all get in on a cold wet day, putting the A/C on often gets strange comments, but prevents damp clothes steaming up the car.
--
TG

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »
There is a "screen demist" feature on the heater controls. I use that... :P

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »
I have had my mark three Jazz for four weeks

If the pollen filter is clogged it remains damp and doesn't help with keeping the windows clear.

Is this likely on a car that is only four weeks old?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »
One small problem I have had is with the windscreen steaming up when the car is parked up has any
  other member had this with there Jazz? .  K L J

I hope you haven't got a water leak already,  check the wheel well for water as this can cause windows to mist up when car is parked,  also check ventilation not on recirculate,  if you use aircon the windows can sometimes mist up when you start the car and fan comes on as there may be some moisture in the aircon which gets blown onto screen,  it should clear pretty quickly and should only affect windscreen.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »
As VicW and Culzean said check that it is not set to re-circ. 

I always switch off the Climate Control before I switch off the engine, otherwise when you turn the ignition on the fan starts blowing immediately and any dampness in the system is blown on to the windscreen and mists it up as the AC compressor doesn't start up until after the engine is running. I wait until I am actually moving before I hit the Auto button to avoid any misting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:24:17 PM by Pine »

Tags: