Author Topic: New jazz Member!  (Read 6114 times)

guest5905

New jazz Member!
« on: January 29, 2016, 01:09:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've always been into my honda's, I've owned 3 old school civics. EK3, EJ2 and MB6. First got my officially new leased civic fk3 1.6 diesel 63 plate and did a load of effortless miles on that. Moved onto the civic tourer diesel too, but p/x that for my brand new jazz within 6 months because that was full of crap :S

I opted for the auto version seeing as i've gone lazy with the manual cars now. Mines a EX Navi CVT and had 4 miles ish on it and 3 months in. It's got nearly 9000 MILES!!

Seriously though, i wish i had the mpg as i did in my diesel hatchback 63 plate. But i still get 48mpg on average.

I love this forum finally there's a jazz forum that i can see loads of other members too!  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: New jazz Member!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »
Not good about the civic tourer
What was wrong with it

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
Also keen to know why you did not like the Civic tourer as an iDTEC SR could be my next car....
--
TG (started with an EG4)

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
Welcome and great color Jazz you have!!

guest5905

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 03:37:12 PM »
thanks guys. i love it too. Soon to have steel wheels on because i don't want to damage my diamond cut alloys. Seeing as my mileage is going to rise, the risk of it getting damaged or peeling is high!

My tourer was a SR dtec as well. The clutch juddered like a car that had a broken clutch. It happened only in 1st gear pulling off and felt so laggy which made it want to stall. And then the the engine/gearbox alone was weaker than my old  civic hatchback dtec. Honda refused that there was anything wrong. And i went back to them after contacting Honda UK and then another dealer accepted to check and a new technician said defo. and they changed the clutch and the flywheel. It was fine for a couple of months and then the symptoms came back again slowly so i got rid of it and went for a manual!

Leather seats aren't as comfy as the fabric civic ones cos they're a lot harder, so that'll result in aching long journeys. Plus the MPG wasn't anywhere near as my hatchback too.

I must admit, the tourer was good looking, And super good with HIDs added after :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »
My tourer was a SR dtec as well. The clutch juddered like a car that had a broken clutch. It happened only in 1st gear pulling off and felt so laggy which made it want to stall. And then the the engine/gearbox alone was weaker than my old  civic hatchback dtec. Honda refused that there was anything wrong. And i went back to them after contacting Honda UK and then another dealer accepted to check and a new technician said defo. and they changed the clutch and the flywheel. It was fine for a couple of months and then the symptoms came back again slowly so i got rid of it and went for a manual!

Leather seats aren't as comfy as the fabric civic ones cos they're a lot harder, so that'll result in aching long journeys. Plus the MPG wasn't anywhere near as my hatchback too

Pretty much every diesel car ever made has the dreaded 'dual mass flywheel' - made up of a main flywheel with a floating metal plate coupled to it with springs and fairy dust. This is to try to save the gearbox from an early demise by taking out the high torque 'pulses' inherent in diesels (as opposed to smooth delivery from petrol engines),  the springs are supposed to allow the metal plate to move separately to main flywheel,  normally that separate movement happens when the whole thing breaks LOL

Agree about leather seats,  fabric ones are more comfortable, stop your bum sliding around and are less sweaty.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:29:34 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

If you will excuse the 'double entendre', I've just gone the other way !

I traded in my Jazz this morning for  a brand new 1.8 I-vtec Civic sport.

Nothing wrong with the old Jazz, but I think I'm in love with my Civic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 10:21:25 PM »
Civic 1.8 is a lovely car (I've got one) pretty quick off the mark and feels about twice as powerful as the Jazz and with 6 speed box.  Lets you overtake without having to plan miles ahead and more comfortable on longer journeys,  but is a lot lower than the Jazz,   also more choice of tyres with 205/55 size,  and cheaper than oddball 185/55R16 on Jazz.

Steering on Civic is a lot sharper than Jazz,  seems to be about 1 turn of steering wheel takes you from lock to lock,  whereas on the Jazz it feels like 3 turns,  I have to get used to this when her indoors makes me drive her Jazz,  I do miss the tight turning circle on the Jazz though,  makes it a lot easier on carp arks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:49:50 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5905

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 11:45:19 AM »
My friend has the 1.8 sport 15/65 plate too. Its absolutely lovely.

I just think the estate doesn't drive as well as the hatchback. It feels floppy, but maybe thats my opinion.

I want a hatchback back :(

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 06:12:47 PM »
Would be interested in the Jazz tourer if one ever leaves Japan.
Fit Shuttle Hybrid

--
TG

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: