Author Topic: Your experience so far with the jazz and any issues  (Read 2449 times)

guest5845

Your experience so far with the jazz and any issues
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a new Honda jazz Vti hopefully soon and just want to see what other owners think about their decision to buy this 2014-2015 model and if they've had any issues while owning the car.

Also has anyone noticed any weak panels, and paint that chips easily?

Hope you guys can help me out :)

guest5643

• Topic Starter
Re: Your experience so far with the jazz and any issues
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »
Hi jmore,not had any reliability issues so far and don't expect any,I would recommend this car to anyone,like any other car you will encounter pro's and cons.I would advise reading some of the very informative posts on this forum to help you with your decision.Take a test long drive and see how the Jazz compares to cars you have owned,my last two cars,a VW polo and a Mitsubishi ASX,I would say the Polo had better interior and exterior build quality than the Jazz but the panels and interior build quality of the ASX were inferior to the Jazz.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »
My initial finds are documented at http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7356.0. There are some other threads such as the "Good v bad" which are worth reading through.

The uncontrollable auto headlights behave OK for winter conditions but get triggered unnecessarily frequently in summer time by shadows and showers.

My Jazz quickly collected some paint chips on the bonnet - the orange paint is very thin (metallic might be better) and I will touch up the chips for cosmetic reasons rather than fear of rust. Some touch-up paint was part of my order and has finally come into stock.

I found, when putting my own spare wheel in the well in the boot that the boot floor isn't very strong and I had to improvise some extra support over the spare wheel. I've not yet observed other build quality issues.

Press reviews tended to complain about the engine noise. It's not something I have noticed although the engine does need revving a bit to deliver power for acceleration.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5845

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
Thanks guys for the response's exactly what I'm after. I'm actually going for a test drive this Saturday so will so see how it goes just hoping it meets my expectations :).

Tags:

anything