Author Topic: Expectant New Jazz Owner  (Read 7152 times)

guest4796

Expectant New Jazz Owner
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Hi Honda fans.

I will be receiving my new Jazz Hybrid 1.3 i-VTEC next week and I'm really looking forward to getting it. I'm buying it from a Honda dealer in France as I spend a lot of time there and nearly all my driving is in France. I don't see many Jazz on the road in France but the dealer assures me he sells plenty of Hybrids. Compare that to a dealer I spoke to in the UK where he said they sell very few Hybrids and I would have to wait about four months for it to be delivered. The Hybrids are all made in Japan apparently.

I've been very impressed by what I read here and generally on the internet as to the reliability and customer satisfaction the Jazz owners seem to have. I did a test drive of the car and loved it. The engines are completely silent, only the road surface noise being audible. The CVT gave a smooth ride free of any gear change sensation and the car is very lively on acceleration especially compared to my elderly 2.0HDI diesel Xara Picasso. The brakes are very fierce but it won't take long to adapt to that and they need to be run in.

Being a technophile I simply couldn't resist all those buttons, indicators and lights associated with the Hybrid and I hope I don't regret my choice of this option. The interior space practicality and quality of finish were what originally made the Jazz stand out to me after looking at about ten different makes of car.

I'm retired now but I have had four Honda products in the past 2 x motorcycles, 1 x Civic, 1 x generator  and they have all left behind fond memories. I was looking at the Ford Fiesta but then I thought back to my three Ford cars, none of which ended happily and I don't mean they were crashed.

If you got this far, then thanks for reading.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Expectant New Jazz Owner
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »
Hello and welcome.

Being a technophobe I simply couldn't resist all those buttons, indicators and lights associated with the Hybrid

-phobe? Do you mean -phile?

Enjoy the car when it comes. Do keep us updated on the ownership experience.

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »
Thanks, I hope my grasp of technology is better than my English.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Sorry, the English is fine. I just got confused when you said hated technology and loved buttons.

I love technology too, but for me less buttons is more (like those hi-fi amplifiers that cost the price of a car with just a single volume control on it  ;D )

I'm still trying to work out the point in the all the steering wheel buttons my car. The radio is less than 6 inches from my left hand and I bought an auto to not bother changing gear!

What I would be interested in seeing is what the economy is like of these hybrids. If you see below my avatar, there is a link to spritmonitor.de The image changes with the average and you can log the costs with both a PC and mobile app.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:21:55 PM by Eddie Honda »

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:05:27 AM »
Welcome. I too, get my new Jazz Hybrid delivered next week, and although that means that our brilliant '56 1.2 S will go, I am looking forward to my new car. The new 1.2 S is already proving a good drive, and has that new car smell, which is very seductive.

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
Thanks Interlock and good luck with the new car. I'm sure sharing experiences and questions on this forum will be a big help to get the best from this new (to me) technology.

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
Eddie Honda.

I'm taking up your suggestion about logging the costs and consumption, at least until I get an idea as to how accurate the onboard computer is. I'm going to start out using "My Cars" in Android to see how it goes.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 03:12:21 PM »
It's an interesting exercise with any vehicle.

Most people just consider what they put in the tank. Logging everything doesn't take much effort (very easy with some of the moby apps) and can tell you when things aren't running so well and what the true cost per mile is. It's also worth looking up other vehicles of the same type on spritmonitor.de and fuelly.com and see what those owners are achieving.

I've only got three fills-ups done so far, and the trip computer isn't a huge way out. Just by having it displaying encourages me to be of lighter foot.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
hello and welcome  8)

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
hello and welcome  8)
Thanks Garyman, good to be on this forum.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »
I've only got three fills-ups done so far, and the trip computer isn't a huge way out. Just by having it displaying encourages me to be of lighter foot.

the smoother you drive the more accurate the reading on the mpg display will be.  Most MPG displays update every 10 seconds or so (called sampling or update period).  They take a snapshot of the usage at that time (from the ECU. which knows how long the injectors have been open and how many revs per minute etc) and use it to calculate average MPG over preceding 10 seconds using distance traveled.  stands to reason that if you are accelerating and braking hard during that sampling period the snapshot can be way out.  Also you will probably notice that when you reset the trip the MPG figure changes quite quickly as you go up and down hills etc. but as you get more miles on the trip (say 100 miles) the figure is very slow to change - this is because it is using the larger mileage recorded to calculate 'average' consumption - so any short term variations do not make a significant difference.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »
I collected my new baby Jazz Hybrid this afternoon as the sun was shining all around, not only in the sky! 😁

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »
I've done just over 200km with lots of short journeys in its first four days. It's indicating I'm getting approximately 57.6491945mpg (conversion by Google). I'm delighted with this car and the Honda dealer that supplied it.

Tags:

anything