Author Topic: Hello from the U.S.A!  (Read 6072 times)

Hootie

• Registered Member
  • Hootie... without a blowfish.
  • My Honda: 2008 GD3 Sport w/ L15A1
Hello from the U.S.A!
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm Kelan... I am from the U.S., residing in the state of Texas, and I own a 2008 GD3 Fit Sport which is Vivid Blue Pearl in color. I've been fortunate to have the new as my first vehicle at the age of 16 and now at the age of 22, still have it but with a few modifications during the time of ownership of course. My initial plan was to keep it a simple daily driver but at this time I'm currently straying away from that and starting to make it more autocross friendly/competitive while still being decently streetable. I've added Tokico HTS/D-Spec dampers with Ground Control coilover sleeves, a Progress Auto rear anti-roll bar, EBC USR 850 slotted front rotors, Carbotech AX6 front pads, Carbotech 913 rear shoes (soon ditching these for rear discs), Techna-Fit stainless braided brake lines, and Hondata Flash Pro (to name a few things) to waken up the little GD3 on both the street and autocross course.

Any, here are some pictures. ^.^ Some of you all may recognize my screen name and/or GD3 from another Fit forum just for the record.  :)

Apex Hunter

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Hello from the U.S.A!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Congrats not buying an American car.  That must be unusual in Texas, if not nearly illegal!!  I am sure you will find this forum useful and informative
If music be the food of love, play on

Hootie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
So far the forum looks pretty well laid out and informative. I'm currently trying to find what parts are used for the OEM rear disc brakes on the GD chassis and see if anything is interchangeable state side. So far I found out that EP3 Si parking brake cables work... was wondering if EP3 Spindles and calipers would work as well for a complete OEM swap.

I know, its surprising. To be honest, I'm not too big into American vehicles. They're usually overbuilt and under-designed.; best examples are the Chevrolet Corvette or Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. Both are high powered rear wheel drive performance cars with rear suspension setups that are a bit dated; the 'Vette still with mono-leaf spring suspension and the Mustang JUST NOW going independent rear suspension for the 2015 model year.

I find it funny how my 6 year old GD3 can actually do a lane change faster than a C6 Z06 'Vette in stock trim and the overall quality in terms of overall feel, fitment, finish, and most of all reliability of my Fit is better than both the 'Vette and ANY Mustang prior to the 2015 MY (haven't seen them yet).
Apex Hunter

guest2913

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
jealous over the leather seats!

Hootie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:31 PM »
Thanks! They're Clazzio seat covers actually and I had spec'ed them to look as OEM as possible. Gray leather centers, black vinyl black outers, and dark blue stitching.
Apex Hunter

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

I would have thought you'd get all your answers from FitFreak but please stick around

Hootie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 02:08:28 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

I would have thought you'd get all your answers from FitFreak but please stick around

Thanks!

FF.net extremely informative yes but I have yet to anyone list OEM Honda part numbers to do a rear disc conversion for the GD. I've been looking around here for part numbers for OEM rear calipers, caliper brackets, and what size rotors are used in the OEM application but have yet to find them.

Does anyone know the OEM Honda part numbers for the rear calipers and rear discs for the GD or perhaps even recommend a parts site to refference?
Apex Hunter

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Have a look at this:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/index.php

Register your details and you can access all the parts available on a Jazz.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:37:46 AM by JazzyB »

Garyman

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
LingsHondaParts is a very good website as it has an exploded diagram of all the components of a part so you should be able to find the part(s) you're looking for.

They have changed the website since my last visit as you previously didnt have to register but i dont think theres any harm in doing so.

Note however (if its still like last time i visited the site), the Lings website uses its own part number system, not the official Honda part number. There is a post on the forum on how to get the official Honda part via changing a couple of letters on the url- i'll try and dig that out.

Gary

Garyman

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »

Tags:

anything