Author Topic: HONDA DEALER (Battery Made in China)  (Read 4479 times)

EXT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.3 i-vtec 2012 GE6
HONDA DEALER (Battery Made in China)
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
Hi, just received YUASA made in china battery for my jazz 2006 from Honda dealer  :o are they no more using Japanese made batteries in new cars? i just dont trust the chines made parts especially the battery  ???
so any one bought a new jazz recently and got the Japanese or chines battery???   
sorry to mention i'm in south africa.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:34:31 AM by EXT »

guest3170

Re: HONDA DEALER (Battery Made in China)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
My entire car (2012 Jazz) was made in China ;) I suspect many of the components were also. I also have a YUASA battery. It's survived a Finnish winter (-30 degrees) with no issues so I'm not worried...

guest3895

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:01:06 PM »
Hi EXT,

Whilst I can understand that Honda might reduce costs by purchasing Chinese batteries rather than Japanese ones, I find it hard to believe that they would compromise on quality. Honda have an unrivaled reputation for quality and reliability and I wouldn't have thought that they would risk that to save just a few pounds.

I have owned three consecutive Hondas, a 2004 Civic, a 2010 Civic and a 2013 Jazz and have only had one fault in those 8.5 years - pitted brake discs - my fault for not using the car sufficiently. Would they risk such reliability for such a minor saving? I would suspect that the Chinese batteries have been fully tested and found to be of a suitable performance and quality.

I have just checked my February 2013 Honda Jazz 1.4 EX CVT and it has a Varta battery (origin not stated).

Cheers,  Geoff

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
A lot of people have shipped their labour intensive and risky stuff (lead and sulphuric acid for instance) to China due to draconian health and safety laws in 'developed' countries (developed maybe, but with shrinking economies and in recession due to lack of manufacturing LOL).

Yuasa and Honda have very high build quality and will have teams of Japanese engineers in these plants to ensure quality - just like they did in UK when they came to show us how to build reliable cars.  We now build more cars in UK than we ever did,  and export a lot more of them as well,  mainly thanks to Japanese, (they build better cars and are also  much better at managing workers than we were).  Ford now only build engines in UK (now even the Transit has gone to Turkey)  and Vauxhall just build the Astra ??  - but many UK buyers still think of Ford and Vauxhall as somehow 'British' made brands.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »
battery came with acid already in from honda. can anyone confirm that they sell their batteries with acid in?
also notice that acid or water is bubbling two of its cell from top caps holes :o  is that ok for a new battery?
also if someone charge a new battery with normal 12v 4A charger then how the new battery should behave? i mean if new battery bubbles is that or? i read some where that if the battery bubbles it mean its cell are gone. is that true?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:06:10 PM by EXT »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 07:54:53 AM »
acid should never bubble from top of battery, it is either overfilled or you are charging it too fast or too much voltage on charger.  A cell should produce small bubbles as it charges, because if it doesn't bubble it is dead. but those bubbles should never reach the filler holes.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »
I have been using Chinese-made Yuasa batteries in my business for 29 years.  Definitely more reliable than some other cheap makes - Topin, Power-Force, EDS and other "no-name" brands.  My record is a Yuasa battery installed in an IT refrigeration alarm, put in during 1991 and still perfect today.  The alarm panel and charger have been replaced, but the original battery remains.  Of course this is a small battery (12 volt 18 a/h) compared with car batteries, but I cannot see that their larger batteries can be not as good.
If music be the food of love, play on

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
just thinking of putting 40Ah battery. is 44B19L the same as 38B19L in Length,Hight etc? wanted to use same battery tray,cover etc. is it the wise thing to do??
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:30:00 AM by EXT »

Tags: