Author Topic: tyre pressure on door jaum  (Read 3514 times)

guest765

tyre pressure on door jaum
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
Anyone understand the meaning of all the symbols.....i need the correct pressures for some new tyres under a full load, backsets down and space full of camping gear ect plus passenger.....i have a new didgi pressure gauge for PSI :'(

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
Re: tyre pressure on door jaum
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:59:44 AM »
I would use the highest quoted figures for that kind of load. Generally, if there's any doubt, it's better to be over-inflated than under-inflated.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
All our tyre pressures here are specified in bars.  Average running is 2.0 at the front and 1.8 at the back.  With a full load, increase this to 2.2 bars all round.  Don't forget the spare.

To convert bars to pounds per square inch,  go here:  http://www.tvr-webmart.co.uk/tvr_info_psi.asp
If music be the food of love, play on

guest2916

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:50:11 AM »
Hi Joe if me and the mrs are off for a weeks fishing and camping up oban way i usually have mine at 34psi. I think the recomended psi for our jazz is 33psi but not sure under a heavy load ?

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:48:33 PM »
Many thanks for the replys folks, i didnt quite understand the figures on the graph...but evidently the last one on the right is for PSI.......so it says for full load to be 32PSI

guest3735

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
normal pressures.... 30 in the back pair 32 in the front.
loaded with three people and camping gear for three weeks (thank you magic seats!) 32 in the back 34 in the front.
go too much higher and the steering goes lighter than i'd like.
hope this helps

as an aside my mrs has a bubble car (fiat 500) where the pressures were quoted in bar.... 2.0 and 2.2 respectively but have ended up with much the same pressure as my jazz.... namely 30 and 32.

Tags:

anything