Author Topic: Master Door Lock Button Not Working  (Read 1679 times)

guest3932

Master Door Lock Button Not Working
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »
I have been meaning to fix this for some time and given we have a Bank Holiday in Ireland I finally got around to having a look.

I removed the plastic cover and unscrewed the unit containing the window switches etc. so that I could get a proper look at it. All the electrical connections appear absolutely fine. When I reconnect the white connection which appears to relate to the window lock and the master door lock, the doors auto locked but apart from that the button is entirely unresponsive. It is only be removing and replacing the white electrical connection that anything happens. Apart from that all the other buttons work fine.

It does not look like the master door lock button can be replaced. From looking at it I think the whole unit would need to be replaced which I am sure it costly.

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Master Door Lock Button Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:33:17 AM »
Is it a mechanical failure or an electrical one?

The lever from the interior door lock disengages the cam that the outer door handle uses to operate the lock.  The solenoid does the same thing, as when you energise it, the bolt retracts into the solenoid body.

Often this lever gets bent and mimics a malfunction.

Can you post some photos of the mechanism and circle the parts you feel are not working?  If you edit the pics with MS Paint you can add circles to the picture
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: