Author Topic: Curiosity - Brazilian Flex Fuel and Fire Extinguisher  (Read 2638 times)

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
  • My Honda: Honda FIT GE6 Flex BRDM
Curiosity - Brazilian Flex Fuel and Fire Extinguisher
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »
Hi Guys, this video was made by us and we wanted to show to you the subfuel door opening and the fire exthinguisher as a curiosity.

This is a GD model in Brazil but the Chassis is GE5 (Just the VIN in fact is a GD).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHWkAYaoUrQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GHWkAYaoUrQ</a>

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:53:12 PM by RichardA »
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

guest2662

Re: Curiosity - Brazilian Flex Fuel and Fire Extinguisher
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:23:50 AM »
thank you at last i can fill my car with gas now i know how to.  :o

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
SASOL fuel (coal based) in SA is blended with oil sourced petrol.  The only snag is that it has a lower octane rating so is only sold in and around Johannesburg (cities with an elevation of 2000+ metres).  It also smells funny and the exhaust pipe becomes brown instead of pale grey
If music be the food of love, play on

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
thank you at last i can fill my car with gas now i know how to.  :o
This fuel opening is just for the Subfuel (Gas Only), this is to help the engine to start on cold days when using Ethanol (Not as cold as in Europe since we don't have snow here)...

The rear one you can just push and it'll open, there is no need to push a lever from inside.
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
Is the ethanol cheaper than regular petrol?   Do you get as good gas mileage?
If music be the food of love, play on

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
chrisc, Yes.

Prices Per Litre:

Gasoline (Average from March/2013)
2.763 BRL = 0.938 GBP

And Ethanol (Average from March/2013)
1.944 BRL = 0.660 GBP

On the New Jazz (GE) my average on Gas is 12km/l and on Ethanol 9,5km/l but it really depends on traffic conditions and specially how you drive it.

It's a good thing that we can choose which fuel to use based on the price. There is no need to use only gas or only ethanol. It's possible to mix them at any proportion.

The only "inconvinience" is to fill this Subfuel tank, but it lasts like 6 months on average. (Starting the engine 4 times per day, considering the route Home-Work-Work-Home).

Tags: