Author Topic: Just bought a Jazz and need some mats....  (Read 3620 times)

guest3860

Just bought a Jazz and need some mats....
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »
I bought a Jazz (2005 se) this afternoon and loving it so far. Unfortunately it doesn't have any mats in it. I've done a quick google and also checked ebay but A. Found I cannot afford the official ones and B. None of the generic mats appear to have the correct hole allignment for proper fitting. Does anyone know where I can get a set that will fit? Thanks.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Just bought a Jazz and need some mats....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:46:35 AM »
Go to a supplier who sells carpet tiles for offices, choose charcoal ones and cut them to size using a cardboard template.  You can also shape them using a heat gun (careful) or a hairdryer (slow).  Less than 1/4 the price
If music be the food of love, play on

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »
used mats do appear on EBay but the P&P kills the deal, I would go to your local market or £ shop and pick up whats on offer in their motoring dept

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:08 PM »
I bought some mats for my 2012 Jazz from Amazon, from a supplier called NP Autoparts. They are a bit thin ,but a very good fit, and come with a pair of fixing toggles which you fit to the carpet on the drivers side.
Seem to wear and clean reasonably well, not as good looking as Honda mats, but a third of the price, which is good enough for something I put my dirty feet on!
Just do a search on Honda Jazz car mats to get the results.

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »
e-bay bespoke car mats £27.99 with fittings, phone-01754898307, they r the right ones for a jazz, i have them in mine, good mats.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:35:09 AM »
We don't have £ shops here, but there are Chinese car accessory shops and they have a big selection of mats, at a fraction of the price you would pay from the Honda dealer.  Why not make a cardboard template and match it up at the shop?
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3340

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »
 Ebay had a genuine set for mine like new for £25.00 includng postage kept an eye on the site and got lucky.

guest582

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »
I have a set of Jazz carpet mats for sale for £25. They are used but in good condition. I replaced them with a set of rubber mats. They are complete with the little plastic fittings and instructions (you have to cut a slit in the carpet to fit them). Only thing is that you would have to collect them (Manchester).

guest3860

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »
Cheers for the reply's everyone - I'll make do with some cheapo generic one's for now and keep my eyes posted for any genuine sets that show up on Ebay....

P.s Manchester's a bit too far for me to travel, but thanks for the offer.

Tags: