Author Topic: Engine Lamp constantly lights on the instrument panel. Help me please  (Read 1953 times)

guest3719

Hey.

I dont no where I should start this thread....

I am new to this forum and I like this site already :-)

Nice pictures and cars!

I have problems with my Honda Fit / Jazz 2002 model year.
1.4 liter engine and 84 hp. manual gearbox. AC.

* I'm not that good at either English or English technical terms or cars. hope you understand this and can help me.

To my problem: Engine light is on the panel all the time, Have drive over 250 Km with the engine lamp on.
It was off for a short while at runtime (in the evening) back from work, when I started the car on the morning after, do the engine lamp lights up again constant for over 750Km totally now.

Engine runs unevenly at idle, not visible on the rev counter, but it sounds a little bit when running, 950 Rpm its steady! blurring a bit, no blue smoke, that I've seen anyway.

A "poor" (long story) mechanic has said that it is wrong on the valves and the pressure in the cylinder # 1 is on low 3kg or bar.

I have talk to other people and they says its not that problem,
maybe it is the piston rings ? Or ignition coil(s)?
I dont have any loss from the engine (running good up to the "hills") I must feel if the are any losses from the engine and "no" compression (read: weak) in cylinder No:1.

(I think the mecanics people wants my money, I have my suspicions, like I say its an even longer story)

(Cant fix it now, have not the time to fix it. I have just a couple of hours every weekend to fix with the car and I loan/borrow a other car for my travels from Sweden to Norway now so please help me)

Or what do you think?

The car pulls a little oil around 1.5 liters on 4500km.

No loss of coolant and nothing strange about the car.

Run of bad half synthetic oil now.

The Engine rattles a little at cold start.
(there is snow and cold here in the North. Has my home in Sweden and my work in Norway)

I think its all, and I want to now about the problem not anything else please :-) My english its not that good to explain the whole story :-)) I hope you understand that. And thanks in avance.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Engine Lamp constantly lights on the instrument panel. Help me please
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »
The engine lamp is triggered by various sensors which are receiving less than the set down value, ie

Low oil pressure
Spark plugs deficient
Incomplete combustion due to faulty valves

You can run a compression test on all 4 cylinders.  They should be within 10% of each other.

Seeing you mention that you have to add 1,5 litres of oil every 4500km, it sounds to me like the rings are worn.  You don't mention the distance the car has covered.  The compression test above will tell you the condition of the rings.  You need to compare your reading with what the compression ought to be.

Do you not have any local car workshop you can take it to?  These usually give you better value for money than agents.

Lastly, what country are you in?
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything