Author Topic: Honda Jazz rear calliper seized  (Read 3178 times)

guest3510

Honda Jazz rear calliper seized
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
Hi guys am new to this but found forums helped greatly with my partners VW.

I've experienced many problems with my breaking on my Honda Jazz (56 plate), today however I drove around 25 miles and when arrived home discovered my handbrake was really hard to put on and when we got out the car we noticed smoke out OSR wheel NSR wheel was very hot couldn't touch.

once cooled slightly everything is working fine and handbrake is back to normal, can anyone please help me with this as my family think i drove with handbrake on a notch although i know for sure i wasn't.

Please help

cheers Jo x

guest1521

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda Jazz rear calliper seized
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
Drive a mile or two (no more) without pause at around 30mph (no faster), pull over, stop and if the alloy or steel of your rear wheels is getting warm to the touch - and particularly if they are warmer to touch than the fronts - it is likely your rear brakes are binding for some reason. If seem to be OK keep driving, with care, and feel them again a couple of miles later. (With friction things heat up and expand causing more tightness, friction, binding, heat... A vicious circle.)

Be careful not to burn your finger, though.

Better still, jack the car up with front wheels chocked and the car in first/low gear and see if each rear wheel spins freely by hand. Then do the above road test with care.

guest3510

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda Jazz rear calliper seized
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
hi thanks for the reply I tried this and everything is fine, going to get my car checked in a week or so tho just to be safe, ive also just started parking my car in gear and leaving handbrake off

xx

Tags:

anything