Author Topic: Strange Squeaking Developed  (Read 2422 times)

guest1164

Strange Squeaking Developed
« on: November 15, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »
So...driving home from work and the car starts to make strange squeaking noises (only when turing right).  Get to my grandparents and it seems to have stopped, then...driving home from there it starts again (and even did it while driving in a straight line at one point)

I originally thought it may have been the power steering belt (but why...if it only happened when turing right)

Is it possible that it could just be a brake pad sticking?  To be honest, i've had the car for 2 years and it's never had new pads or discs on it and is probably due some anyway.  I have noticed that it does stop when I brake so I am leaning to it being more to do with the discs/pads but just wanted to get another opinion on the matter)

What do you think?

Thanks
Paul

guest869

• Topic Starter
Re: Strange Squeaking Developed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
Low brake pads?

My Jazz (basic model 2003) does not have a brake pad warning light. It has a metal strip that points towards the disc. When the pads get low it rubs on the discs and screechs. But it didnt do it all the time.

I initially thought it was a belt slipping.

My Jazz has electric power steering.....

guest3860

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »
I was going to start a new thread but came across this one which describes the exact same fault. I originally thought the squeak was coming from the engine bay but after another drive listening out for the issue I think it's the brakes. Just to confirm; Do the pads squeak permanently when they are low? If not are sticky pads easy to sort out? Is it just a straight forward replacement of the pads? Cheers.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
It can even be excess dust between the pads and discs
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything