Author Topic: Matching steel wheel  (Read 4048 times)

guest1994

Matching steel wheel
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
Hi

My step-father has a 2010 1.2s jazz and he hates the idea of having to rely on the emergency sealant stuff. He's been quoted about £180 for a space saver from the local dealership, but ideally he wants a full sized steel wheel.

The dealership advised him that a full sized wheel (from a breakers yard) from the older model Jazz won't fit. Does anyone have any knowledge on these things and can advise?

Or maybe a steel wheel from a Civic or something similar might be ok - but I'm just guessing really.

I've been periodically checking with on-line breakers for a full-sized Jazz steel wheel for a few months now, but they seem difficult to get hold of.

Many thanks

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Matching steel wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
Try a search on Ebay the space savers go for around £30.00 + delivery you will need jack + wheelbrace

russd1978

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:36:58 AM »
I'm interested in the same thing - can't seem to find any on eBay unfortunately.  If you have any luck in sourcing one I'd appreciate if you could post where you got it. My local dealership is being really slow in getting back to me.

guest1994

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »
Thanks for the advice and the links.

I've sent an email to them to check whether the part they list for the steel-wheel is the same as my step-fathers' 2010 1.2s model. (their web-site does not list anything newer than 2009 and doesn't give an option for the 's' model). So just waiting on a reply.

The Honda part number for the 1.2se steel-wheel is shared with the Honda Insight, but that hasn't lead anyway useful for me yet.

I did stick that part number into Google though and found a company in the States which is selling the same wheels to fit the Jazz at a clearance price of $60 each. Again, I'm waiting on an email reply to see if they will ship over here.

I tried Ebay as suggested also but thats no good for full sized steel wheels (the space saver being the last resort choice right now).

It seems these Jazz wheels are really, really rare - even from breakers. I guess Jazz drivers must the the safest on the roads  8)

russd1978

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Keep us updated Jed, I'd be interested on how you get on :)

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
I bought a spacesaver from breakers (wouldn't do this normally)...only specifically as it was unused, tyre new and wheel never been fitted to vehicle.

Tags: