Author Topic: Removal of GD Front Bumper  (Read 5590 times)

guest1164

Removal of GD Front Bumper
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the removal of the GD Sport Front Bumper and how easy this is? 

Also, how easy is it to remove the black grills once this has been done?  Do they just unscrew from the back of the bumper?

I'm looking to remove the front bumper, take off the black lower grills and then spray them gloss black before putting them back on?!

Thanks
Paul

guest1510

• Topic Starter
Re: Removal of GD Front Bumper
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
check the topic removal of front grill in the DIY Guides, there is a picture of the screws and clips

guest1898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:26:10 AM »
yes it's more or less the same note you will need to know this to change certain bulbs in your headlights too :D

guest1164

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:22:41 AM »
I was planning on putting some xenon bulbs in so I suppose the bumper will have to come off too change both headlights and side bulbs?!!

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »
As far as I am aware you don't need to remove the bumper to replace the bulbs. Access is via the front wheel arch plastic liner.

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
 :D
the front bumper are all attached with plastic retaing clips, its a bit fidly job but can be done with a little patience.
   To my experience changing front bulbs will not be needing removal of front buumbers but accessing it through plastic arches above the wheels.  however, if youre planning to upgrade to xenon or whatever it is necessary to take the front bumper as well so to have clearer view.

Tags: