Author Topic: First post - Hello and a question  (Read 17375 times)

Smuj

• Registered Member
First post - Hello and a question
« on: November 26, 2023, 07:34:49 PM »
First of all a very good evening to all.

After a gap of 40 years I’ve decided to get a new Honda, a Jazz. I’m not sure whether it’s going to be the Crosstar or normal hatch Advance as I like both. I’m test driving the Crosstar on Wednesday and probably putting in an order afterwards.

The only problem I have is that I don’t really like any of the colours offered so I was thinking of just going with the standard black. If not that then the dark blue hatch.

So, my question is; is there anyone out there who has either colour can give me their thoughts on how the paintwork looks after a few months wear and tear.

Many thanks in advance.
I’m a analogue man in a digital world

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: First post - Hello and a question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 07:38:43 PM »
Hello, hope you enjoy the site and above all your Honda.

My Shining Grey paint immaculate after 2 years and 1 month.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 07:47:48 PM »
My 71 plate jazz is in black . I wouldn’t have plain paint again as its quite soft compared to my last car which had silver metallic . The clear top coat on metallic paint doesn’t make swirls and scratches stand out as they do on plain black paint . However I only polish my jazz a couple of times a year autumn and spring so I don’t expect it to be in showroom condition .

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 07:48:53 PM »
I have the blue beam metallic. Yes, the colours available are very bland and disappointing. My previous cars (Renaults) had great choices, but I feel the Jazz hybrid choice is very poor.
I have always had bright colours, reds, oranges and silver greys.
The colour I chose was actually influenced by the model I wanted... the EX Style. In all the colours available, the trim was always black. I just thought the black looked better on the blue. With the red, the trim didn't seem to fit well, and on the whites it just looked odd.
In hindsight, I wouldn't have picked the blue, probably opting for the dark metallic grey. The blue looks dirty too quickly after cleaning, I imagine the same for the black. I also think the paint quality isn't up to the standard of my previous cars. The depth of colour and top lacquer is thin, and it seems to blemish easily.

Smuj

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 08:03:44 PM »
Thanks for your replies so far. Pretty much what I was expecting about the black. I’ll probably look at all the Jazz’s at the dealers and hopefully a lightbulb will light for one of the colours as I know that what you see on an IPad screen looks completely different in daylight.

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 08:10:53 PM »
I have the red one , and a think it’s a great finish.

Plasma

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 09:48:33 PM »
I have a black one, and that’s only because it was a minimum of £600 cheaper than another colour.

Yes, the finish is soft, so much so, that mine has light scratches, when passengers access the door handles.

Brilliant car, you will love whichever model you choose.

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 12:40:57 AM »
I have a red Jazz, great colour and finish but it does tend to show the dirt more than my last car, a blue Mazda.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 06:03:31 AM »
The sunlight silver is in reality so much more refined than just a white one, while looking nearly identical in the brochure. Good idea to snoop around and see for yourself!
Finally got a red one, which is still in showroom condition after 2 years and 38k kilometers  :).

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 06:36:16 AM »
I bought an EX Style with the Sunlight Premium white pearl (with a black roof). It looks amazing in different light and angles. Goes from a white, to a gold sheen or a blue sheen. It's really easy to keep clean, hardly shows dirt and dust and 1 year on looks like new.
My other car is black, looks fantastic when clean, which is about for 1 minute after cleaning. It's so difficult to clean, especially anytime the sun peaks out from a cloud, the car then heats up in seconds, drying immediately, leaving dirty marks/water stains everywhere(as does the black EX roof). This second car was bought as a 1 year old, as new and at the time I could not find other colours available for what I was looking for. In hindsight, if I could have found one in red, blue, grey or white, I would have taken it any day over black.

So if you are willing to put in the effort to keep a black car clean, go ahead, but remember it also cause the interior to heat up quickly in the summer months.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 06:46:54 AM »
As above, over the years I've had most colours and never black or white again for me

I was therefore forced down the red route and perfectly happy, no issues and it doesn't show the dirt, ala white, or swirls, ala black

Dark interior was mandatory for me, as again, I've had light interiors and they got grubby after a few years, but that was before pollen filters so all the muck was dragged in via the vents
Let's be careful out there !

Smuj

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »
Thanks again to all who replied. Black and blue off my list I think. I’ll just have to see what colours the cars the dealer has and choose what I think looks best.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »
End of November good to think of buying as sales are under water. Why not go for pre reg and bargain hard for a deal on the day. Do not fall for add on paint protection etc. You be better driving a couple of different spec then hunt around on Autotrader to check asking £
Good luck

Smuj

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 11:16:49 AM »
Thanks for that.

A second question. If I ago for the hatch is there any benefit going for th16 inch alloys rather than standard 15 inch? Driving wise that is. Rather save the £1k.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 12:59:40 PM »
Its really a matter of taste  - which style do you prefer.       But if the specification for the car is normally 16" wheels of a particular design,   skimping on wheels might reduce its value when you come to sell it. 

On the plus side 15" tyres can be significantly cheaper to replace, with more choice.     And 15" tyres may ride slightly better  on rough roads.  16" are said to handle slightly  better for cornering etc.   I actually have a set of each, 16" on original summer tyres, and 15" on all season tyres . At present I am on the 15", but regularly use the 16".  (which will  remain with the car when its sold)   TBH I barely notice any difference between the two, albeit  they also have different tyre types.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything